does anybody know what kind of bass steve harris used in the " golden years ". i think its a precision bass, but i cant find any info on it. if you guys can get me a link to a website that would sell the same kind, please put it up. thanks
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Blue precision bass, mirror pickgaurd (or wine red, like his actual sig model), 1/4 P-pickup (seymour duncan), badass 2 bridges, signiture rotosound strings, I think that's it.
I't been discontinued, so my guess is to get a blue p-bass and mod it to his specs, or go the warmoth route

It's been discontinued, so you'll prob have to spend a lot of time on eBay and be very lucky, or just get one built, like ARC said.
thats the one. does anybody know of any vintage guitar websites that might have them? i really like the blocky body design. also, does anybody know how to get his signature clangy sound?
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
eBay might have them. Steve Harris gets his clangy sound from the way he attacks the strings with his fingers. He hits them strings pretty hard with his beefy fingers.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
He also uses hi-gauge flatwound strings.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
^He has sig ones (but they are the same as the standard ones - but his have his favourite soccer team's colours on them ). And he has used his Bass (ARCtrooper225 mentioned) for every single Maiden album (according to him) and he just modifies it every so often.

And his signature sound is just a combo of the set-up + the flat wound (Heavy) strings + his aggressive galloping finger style playing.(as said)
Quote by Kepulix
I love the sound of doom in the morning, it sounds like... victory
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
^He has sig ones (but they are the same as the standard ones - but his have his favourite soccer team's colours on them ). And he has used his Bass (ARCtrooper225 mentioned) for every single Maiden album (according to him) and he just modifies it every so often.

And his signature sound is just a combo of the set-up + the flat wound (Heavy) strings + his aggressive galloping finger style playing.(as said)

I think he switched to a custom bass on piece of mind. His signature "clank" comes from the strings hitting the frets so he probably has quite a low action too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i've only seen two music videos where he was playing somehting other then the P-bass
I dont remember which i think run to the hills and then some video from a song off somewhere in time

Edit: Indie bassist is exactly right thats one of the ones i remember seeing
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Last edited by MaidenRules666 at Mar 1, 2007,
He played this for a while
Quote by Bumper

Quote by MaidenRules666
i've only seen two music videos where he was playing somehting other then the P-bass
I dont remember which i think run to the hills and then some video from a song off somewhere in time

Edit: Indie bassist is exactly right thats one of the ones i remember seeing

on aces high he uses thunderbird looking bass. I think u should just build one if u want one so bad. u could probly build one 4 under a 1000 bucks from Warmoth.com
thats exactly like it.

Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club.
Last edited by orion91 at Mar 3, 2007,
Quote by orion91
on aces high he uses thunderbird looking bass. I think u should just build one if u want one so bad. u could probly build one 4 under a 1000 bucks from Warmoth.com
thats exactly like it.

It's the lado i put in the link in my last post, and it costs upwards of $3000. But apart from that, i think he has used the same precision bass for a long time, it's just had plenty of paint jobs.
Quote by Bumper

^ i seem to remember a checkerboard one.

Bring your daughter to the slaughter video, GO!
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Quote by parker_muse
^ i seem to remember a checkerboard one.

Bring your daughter to the slaughter video, GO!

Yeah i think it started out as white, then he had it painted black, then was the checkered refin, then the lake placid blue (a la his signature) now it's the west ham one.
Quote by Bumper

I don't know if that is his current gear nor what he played in "the golden years" you are talking about.

Haha well said. ^^^

I wish I could find a MIM P bass with a maple fretboard..
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I found one (Steve Harris Sig. P-Bass) in almost perfect condition. It has a small pickguard crack but other than that its beautiful. Whats a reasonable price?
I think my Dads bass looks somewhat like that blue one he used to use

Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join