Page 1 of 2
Well that's what I want to know . Which song have you learned that you felt was really doing something for your playing . Just searching for a new song to learn , but I need to feel like I'm improving . Lately I've been getting my hands on some Gilmour licks , the trooper by iron maiden and some new incubus stuff .
Thanks in advance

cheers
stairway to heaven
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
1970's Raven SG copy (extreme modifications)
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
and of course... a disco ball
when i learned judith by a perfect circle i felt that it increased my skill b/c i managed to play the two guitar parts with just one guitar and mix in all the glass slide work that howerdell does too.
blood of the scribe - lamb of god- helped my string skipping and alternate picking

nicollo pagannini's 5th caprice-helped everything
satch boogie, i hadn't really played any technical songs before and that really helped
Mood for a Day as well as The Clap by Yes

those whipped my fingers into shape
hmmmm...
As soon as I started playing jazz my guitar skills (and knowledge) doubled in half the time. In other words, it learned so much.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
scuttle buttin' by stevie. first thing i learned when i moved up to 11's (string guage)
classical Gas. Helped me intensely with finger picking.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by ericgentz
classical Gas. Helped me intensely with finger picking.

try the Clap by Yes. that one's wicked
hmmmm...
Well ...... me.......

Umm... The Rights To You by Freak Kitchen...... became an odd time signature fan ever since......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Last edited by bluespunkmetal at Mar 1, 2007,
Quote by fenderfrk10
try the Clap by Yes. that one's wicked

If you can play The Clap then i salute you.
Quote by Kensai
Because 14 yr olds + teh internetz = liez

I made that up in math class.

Quote by Random Youtube Kid
Michael Romeo- You think he plays fast? You should watch him eat cream pies.
Vivaldi's summer 3rd movement (violin version note-for-note on guitar). I discovered neo-classical with that
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Crazy Train

Far Beyond the Sun

Scarified

Technical Difficulties

Dee
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
well when i learnt a cold day in hell by parkway drive it helped me with alternitive piking on diffent strings. everyone should check out parkway drive there songs are great for geting your picking perfect
Black Dog
Nobodies Fault but Mine
and theres another one i cant really think of right now...

all led zeppelin though...besides that, i guess simple man raised my clean picking skills and yeah, every song you play raises your ability to play well a little bit.
When I first started playing, the entire American Idiot album helped me... Now, recently, Vicarious by Tool and Sweet Child O Mine have helped me.
METALLICA.
Babe Ruth - The Mexican.
I just had to learn all the scales and fills everywhere. That helped with my legato quite a bit.
classical gas - mason williams
bed of razors - children of bodom
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
sultans of swing, dire straits
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
Id have to say it was learning how to finger pick stairway to heaven after about playing guitar for a year.
Quote by fenderfrk10
Mood for a Day as well as The Clap by Yes

those whipped my fingers into shape

The Clap is my rival. It is my goal.

Im actually jealous.
I bought the Billy Talent CD in the summer of 2006. I attempted to play some of the songs during the summer, but I couldn't play most of them. By November, I could play basically every song on the CD. I think that after that period, I actually became half-decent.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Sultans of Swing-Dire Straits
The Four Horsemen-Metallica

I dont really learn songs, i try to pick up licks from players i like and improvise, but those 2 helped me alot
Sad statue and lonely day, it gave me the will to actually keep on going forward in guitar playing
When I first learned Stairway to Heaven, I felt like I was on top of the world
Sent from my iPad.
Of course Stairway, as many have said, it's a classic.

I like songs that give me a sense of satisfaction, like "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Once you start getting through that, you just feel awesome because it's such a great song. It's the same with "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses, once you can cleanly play that (and even start making up your own good sounding solos for it) you feel like you're starting to get somewhere with your playing.

Honestly though, nothing is better than making up a song, having others hear it, and give you compliments on your Guitar playing. Try not to smile too much
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
i think a couple songs that helped me were some tht were a different style then what i normally play

A gunshot to the head of trepidation - trivium

Struggle through - As i lay dying

Edit: i forgot to say

Beast and the harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
If i could, id change my user name!
Last edited by Slayer_Fan_666 at Mar 1, 2007,
Page 1 of 2