Page 1 of 2
posted it in the pit, but someone said to move it here so...

ok. right now i am currently playing a custom fender telecaster, with four semour duncan pickups. i payed $999.99 for it. the only problem is it has no whammy bar. i bought it back when i didnt play much that need whammy bars in it. but now i need a floating tremlo right now. my style of music has changed a little, and the style in which i play now is also different. i dont know which guitar is better though. the only thing i want is a floating tremlo, floyd rose, brand wise or type i really dont care besides that. ive heard ibanez is supossed to be very good in that section. i was thinking maybe an s model? ive got a price max of around $1200. i havent played any b4, if anyone can suggest anything i would appreciate it. thanks.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR for the muthafukin win.

OFR, EMGs, Mahogany body, 24 frets, looks absolutely beautiful, and under $1000.
Washburn X40Pro. run you around 700 dollars. schaller trem, duncan distortion/59 combo.

no needing to mod anything on this thing.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Well, I know I've seen quite a few Schecters at GC. So... yes.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany
1993 US Peavey Predator with Texas Specials
Crate Palomino V16
Boss OD-3
buy whichever jackson suits you best, with a fr, then sell the liscensed trem on ebay or something, then buy an official fr.
you will kick ass!!!
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Oops my bad, you wanted floyd only
sorry
Last edited by ovvyiljs at Feb 28, 2007,
four pickups?

Do you mean a humbucker-single-single configuration?

But yeah, go schecter. Hellraiser or maybe a Jeff Loomis sig.
ive never played a jackson before...they sound good, but a lot of people are saying schecter, so ill prly do that. i guess. thanks for the info guys.
You can find a used Caparison Horus for around $1200.

Blows every one of those guitars away.^ I'm not exagerating either. Go out and try one.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I'd look into an Ibanez S Prestige.

You could look into RGs as well, but I like the S series more.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Quote by The Casualty
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR for the muthafukin win.

OFR, EMGs, Mahogany body, 24 frets, looks absolutely beautiful, and under $1000.

+1, providing you want a pure metal guitar, it comes equipped with EMG's unfortunately. BTW, on the site it says $1149.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

Still, it's worth it, If I got a custom I'd probably make it those exact specs, so IMO it's a bargain.

And TS, did you mean 2 humbuckers? A 4 pickup guitar is ludicrous.
Dickless.
Quote by AtrumArx
I'd look into an Ibanez S Prestige.

You could look into RGs as well, but I like the S series more.

Yes, these own too.
I regret so much returning my S pretige. It was so sex now that i think aobut it.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR - $800

If you're willing to spend the money, you might as well get a Carvin.

Pick your favorite bodystyle, customize it to your specifications, and be amazed at the quality .

A California Carved Top with an OFR is in your price range, and those guitars are amazing.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by bi-ah!

He wants the one with the FR.

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
washburn, like tubadude said and everyone skipped right over, or the S prestige.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You should look into a Carvin DC127C Original Floyd Rose with the following options, Mahogany body, maple neck, M22SD bridge humbucker and a C22J on the neck. why? Neckthrough body construction, and the most important...Made In The USA...should run you less than a grand.
I got an Ibanez JS1000 for $899 used. And they retail at $1500. Super nice guitar. Very Versatile.
Quote by Eric 666
You should look into a Carvin DC127C Original Floyd Rose with the following options, Mahogany body, maple neck, M22SD bridge humbucker and a C22J on the neck. why? Neckthrough body construction, and the most important...Made In The USA...should run you less than a grand.

...And because Carvin makes ridiculously amazing guitars .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by tubab0y
washburn, like tubadude said and everyone skipped right over, or the S prestige.

meh, im used to it.

but people just go "oooo schecter is t3h s3x because its @t GC lolrz!!1!!!!!2!"

and since its at GC, it must be good.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
It is good, what retailer stocks it has no affect on quality.

Unless they generally abuse their instruments.
I'd agree with the people that said ibanez s prestige. It doesn't have a floyd rose but the ZR trem is just as good. It just never goes out of tune for me (i still check the tune every 2 weeks). I've owned the guitar for about 2 years now and haven't had any complaints with it at all.
Quote by bi-ah!
posted it in the pit, but someone said to move it here so...

ok. right now i am currently playing a custom fender telecaster, with four semour duncan pickups. i payed $999.99 for it. the only problem is it has no whammy bar. i bought it back when i didnt play much that need whammy bars in it. but now i need a floating tremlo right now. my style of music has changed a little, and the style in which i play now is also different. i dont know which guitar is better though. the only thing i want is a floating tremlo, floyd rose, brand wise or type i really dont care besides that. ive heard ibanez is supossed to be very good in that section. i was thinking maybe an s model? ive got a price max of around $1200. i havent played any b4, if anyone can suggest anything i would appreciate it. thanks.

I bought one of these last year, and it has been wonderful:

Just a little out of your price range.
Ibanes S series.

EDIT ^ haha i will just leave it spelled like that
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Ibanez RG2570. Pure style, power, and quality.
But go to a guitar store and if you can try one of these Schecters. They look very nice but I never played one of these (never even saw them in Israel)
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'd go for a used Jem or Ibanez Prestige-series RG or S. Check Ebay or here:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
jackson sl3 soloist is the best guitar with a floyd rose
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
i'd really go higher end jackson if you can afford it
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
i really love the look of the randy rhodes jackson. ive heard so many good things about the soloist, but right now i have appx $300, and have a weekly income of around $40-50 (im only 15, thats not too bad i guess...). i really want something with the a fast neck, and floating tremlo. what all models of the jackson are the best, i have heard some good things about made in usa jacksons...supossed to be top of the line
Carvin, Ibanez RG or a ESP / Washburn Gus G model. Don't get a Schecter, unless you thoroughly inspect it, I've had horrible experience with Schecters. They are of horrible quality...
really...schecter is all these guys on this thread have talked about. i have played and ibanez s520 i believe...i liked it...are the dimebag darell guitars any good. i like dimebag but i dont really like the shape of the guitar...are they any good, ive talked with some people that have played them and got mixed reactions..
Quote by Drmckool
jackson sl3 soloist is the best guitar with a floyd rose

i completely agree with this guy

i dunno how it compares pricewise with the schecter but IMO it plays about 100x better
Quote by urik
Ibanez RG2570. Pure style, power, and quality.

I have to be completely biased and agree

I have had my RG2570 Prestige for almost 2 years now. Only modification I made is to put an OFR instead of the stock trem.

However, the stock trem worked prefectly well, stayed in tune well. Only reason I swapped it for a OFR was because I know a guitar teacher and he was selling it unused for £30 so why not ?

Anyway, the RG2570 is a good bet.

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Fender® American Series Strat
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Admira Malaga Classical Guitar
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Proud member of the Scots of UG Society..
Page 1 of 2