Is my Marshall MG15DFX a Solid State or Tube amp? and.....what are all problems people have against the MG's?
Gear:
PRS Standard 24
PRS SE Custom
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
BOSS BF-3, TU-2
solid state

they're supposed (i haven't tried one so i can only say what i picked up here) to be really crappy crafted, have a bad sound, and are way overpriced

but as i said...never tried one..so i cant really say much
but im sure others can

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
its a solid state
and the only people that hate the mg's are the ones who prefer tube tone over solid state and their gear is much more hightech and tone is i guess one would say "better"

its jsut a differnce in sound and taste but for the purposes of the amp its not as bad as people say it is, but on here everone hates it more than it should because they all follow the same people saying the same crap over and over and they jsut follow.
Solid state amp. I have one its ok. They just have crappy tone compared to a tube amp. Not a bad practice amp though.
Yeah,
Marshall is one of the rockers dram, but i have played on one when i started (bout 2 and a half years ago) but I didnt think it was all that great, the effect kicked it but i mean besides that it wasnt all that great go with a little crate and get a keep effect pedal it sounds cooler and easier you use any questions ask me
yeah, definitely a solid state, i had the MG halfstack and it wasnt BAD per se. it just wasnt exactly good either, i ended up likin the crate i have now alot better. i can throw a few pedals in front of it an get a much more "Marshall-y" sound, than i could out of the MG.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
Quote by whitenoise6955
Solid state amp. I have one its ok. They just have crappy tone compared to a tube amp. Not a bad practice amp though.

It is compared to the Roland Cube. That's the main reason why I don't like the mg. You could just buy a cube.