Okay, I was reading up on what people had to say about the bad monkey. I heard a lot of people say it was too muddy, bassy , or muffled. I couldnt find the right sound on it so I started playing with the suggested settings. Then I cut the low knob to 0...to low. Then I turned it up to 5...too muffled, 3...no...4 PERFECT. So then I started tweaking the other knobs to take the best from each of the settings I heard. This is what I came up with:

level 4.6

low 4

high 9.5

gain 7

I know this seems incredibly basic but people are giving up on this stock pedal too soon. I use it coupled with the clean setting on my amp (with the boost on my amp its REALLY distorted, too much for my taste) Try the setting I posted and tell me what you think. I want to see what everyone else sets theres too as well.
I have a Bad Monkey and am very happy with it. I had a DS-1 for about a week and although it had a lot of variation in sounds, I felt that it just didn't sound right through my amp. I decided I wanted something smoother sounding that was still cheap. So, I went back to the store and tried a SD-1 and the Bad Monkey. The SD-1 was okay, but the Bad Monkey sounded much better for my tastes.

I have it set at 5, 4, 6 and 7. Like all pedals, a lot of the sound you get will depend on what amps and guitars you are playing it through. I now use the Bad Monkey for overdrive and a Metal Muff for distortion.
this is a great idea. iv been planning to buy a bad monkey but i just couldnt convince myself because its a digitech. maybe ill read this thread and try to convince myself.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

DOD pwns digitech. their quality was much higher when they were DOD. I love my FX75b
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.