I've been playin guitar for 2 months and I can play some Misfits songs but the problem is that I can't play for more than 2 minutes because my arm that hits the strings hurts like hell.
What kind of exercises can i do to have more endurance
Last edited by mathieupM13 at Feb 28, 2007,
Quote by mathieupM13
I've been playin guitar for 2 months and I can play some Misfits songs but the problem is that I can't play for more than 2 minutes because my arm that hits the strings hurts like hell.
What kind of exercises can i do to have more endurance

That is a big problem?

You must not have a lot to worry about.

Remember, guitar is not an easy instrument. It takes a long time to learn to play the guitar and more strength than one might realize.

2min for 2months is rather good i'd say. There are some great songs around 2min that you can play entirely.

All in all, don't worry about the amount of time you can play. Concentrate on playing decently and you'll build stamina as you go.
Do you play sitting down?

If so, try standing up.

If not, then try working out the biceps/triceps in your arms.

it depends on HOW you move your arm, if it's a full bore ENTIRE arm movement (say like Billie Jo Armstron from Greenday) then you'll ge tired a lot faster, if you're anchoring your wrist on the bridge you can also get tired quickly. I suggest something in the middle, elbow and wrist, and if you're already doing that then just keep playing, play till it hurts then play some more
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
are the veins in his own arm."