As the title suggests, how do these two guitars compare?
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
What kind of music do you want to play?

The Ibanez neck is one of those things where people either love it or hate it.

The Jackson has better pickups, but a worse trem.

You're going to get a lot of people here praising the RG1570 like it's Jesus' guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
you got it backwards- jackson has bad, bad pickups and the trem quality can vary- the one i had was just fine. the RG1570 will usually win out of the two, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
you got it backwards- jackson has bad, bad pickups and the trem quality can vary- the one i had was just fine. the RG1570 will usually win out of the two, though.

It's got Duncan Designed in the neck and mid and a JB in the bridge.

Not the best pickups at all, but at least they aren't bland like the ones in the RG.

*shrug*

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
oh. well, the one i owned had all DD pickups. the neck feels much more realistic than an ibanez, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
oh. well, the one i owned had all DD pickups. the neck feels much more realistic than an ibanez, though.

Yeah, I like the Jackson neck a lot more (not that really means much because I'm not a huge fan of the neck on the RG, but still ).
Quote by utsapp89
I'm not worried at all about the pickup because i was planing to replace those anyway. How is the trem on the jackson? what about the overall quality?

I play metal/death metal/classic rock and everything in between
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
the trem is about average- it's not gonna wear out if you don't step on it or whack it with a sledgehammer or something. it's not the best ever, though.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
The way I look at it.. pickups for an Ibanez RG1570 are going to run you upwards of $200+.
Thats if each pickups is $70... some p'ups run for $80, and if you want emg's they are even more... at least last time I checked..

So instead of using the money on pickups, if you buy a jackson that has SD's alread in it, then you can spend the $200-ish on a nice Floyd, and since the Jackson floyd is a direct-retrofit with an OFR, Its well worth it.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I hate the SD pups, so I'd have to replace them. Price wise, it breaks down like this:

Jackson
Base: 600
New pups: 180
OFR: 200
Total: ~1000 after tax

Ibanez
Base: 750
New pups: 200
Total: ~1050 after tax

It really comes down to HSH vs HSS and neck stylings.
I recently bought my RG1570 at Sam Ash for $600 and that seems to be the price at all Sam Ashes. I love it by the way and the bridge deserves all the praise it gets.
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
I really enjoy my RG1570. Got it used for 540 ish.

Flaws:
Pickups aren't amazing (not bad though)...
It is kinda difficult to play on the high high frets (compared to other guitars ive played.Hell ,it's easier to play on my squier O.o)
The trem has little glitches (like my D is being a pita to tune w/o unlocking it). I dont think this is cause the previous owner messed it up though, cause it's on and off starting a few months ago.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

well like ya said in your price breakdown, its gonna come down to hsh vs hss and the feel of each neck, which means youre gonna have to try both

personally i would easily take the jackson because i just love the necks
I have the RG1570 and I'm looking into replacing it with a DK2M. The neck on the Ibanez is great, the pups are shite, the trem is good and you can set the action pretty low. But still, it's kind of weird for me to play it. I also don't like the finish on it and the single coil is just unnecessary and gets in the way.

While I haven't played the Jackson yet, I've read some good stuff about it. For one thing, it's cheaper and comes with great pickups (SD, not Duncan Designed). Some people say the trem is shite others say it's quite good. I don't use the trem that much so it's not really an issue for me, but you can replace it with an OFR if you like. Also it looks nicer and that's always a plus.

Even though the RG1570 is a great guitar I think people over hype it a little, but it's your choice.
^the way i would sum up the trem on the dk2 is as a very reliable one but with a "heavy" sort of feel and what i mean by that is it takes more effort to move up and down then it does on an OFR