Is it the downtuned guitars? Trem/sweep/economy picking? The Pits? The Screams/Growls/Gutturals? Or the fact it awakens trolls from Finnish lakes(DETHKLOK). Post here about what it is about metal that makes your veins pulse with pure musical fusion and hatred. Personally, for me it is all of these and due to the fact that after I started playing metal, I became 5 times the guitar player I was before I started being enlightened by our shredding overlords.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
very true statement by ibanez...metal players are for the most part incredible musicians...just taking every possible technique in the book and playing them all as fast and furious as possible hahaha. some do crap on the metal name, but the real metalheads are obvious.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul St.
Peavy Classic VTX 200w
dunlop crybaby wah
boss metal zone distortion
Intensity and intelligence. That isn't to say that I don't listen to some jerkoff bands (early CC, Skinless, etc.), but that stuff is just more for the energy and brutality.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The fact that it doesnt suck!

No shit. Otherwise you wouldn't love it....
I've found Jesus
Quote by guns4ever
very true statement by ibanez...metal players are for the most part incredible musicians...just taking every possible technique in the book and playing them all as fast and furious as possible hahaha. some do crap on the metal name, but the real metalheads are obvious.

exatcly.
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
Riffs, growls, drums, bass, different style of playing, different key/time signatures, Brutality and so forth.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Very true, when you are very very angry, i found its a great release to bring your amp and guitar to your friend who is a drummer's house, and play some death metal and thrash around whilst playing so, it is one of the greatest feelings i have experienced short of gutting a fish with a piece of twine and then peeing in it :} <- Only a true metalhead thinks this way, I love brutality.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
it allows me to vent my anger from reading 1000 of these threads
My sig is better than yours