Eventually down the line I'll have to record some blues/jazz song covers along with my original work for music school auditions cds

I need one slow/ballad, one medium tempo, and one fast tempo jazz standard and 2 blues covers

any suggestions?

I'm a big Scofield fan so I was thinking about covering his version of Alfie for the slower/ballad song, and I'm also a big Vaughan fan so I'd want to do Lenny maybe as one of my covers, what do you guys think?

thanks in advance
hey man whats up?
i would say definetaly lenny. And if you sing do georgia on my mind, actually it would be pretty cool to play the melody line though. And im sure they would love it if you played scofield. And do not do giant steps, haha thats the most played jazz song haha. good luck mike
Suggestions (keep in mind these are just the first that came to my head, there are zillions):
Jazz Ballad: Sophisticated Lady (Ladies?)
Jazz Medium Tempo: Summertime, Stolen Moments
Jazz Up-tempo: Groovin High, Alamode
buuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmppppppppp

all this stuff is good

but i need more, and yeah, im definately doin a Scofield cover, love him

+ thanks rick
Up Tempo: Mediterranean Sundance
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
And do not do giant steps, haha thats the most played jazz song haha.

Have you ever heard of "Autumn Leaves"?
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Quote by VR2005

More like have you not heard of Autumn Leaves

More suggestions
Fast : Donna Lee, Mr. PC

Medium: Four on Six, Sugar, Take Five, Lester Leaps In, The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Billie's Bounce, Moanin'

Slow: Naima
Last edited by kmbuchamushroom at Mar 1, 2007,
Quote by VR2005

i was talking about how its the most played jazz song for auditioning at berklee.