Page 1 of 2
this is just a quick question i dont want this to turn into a huge discssion is there a law that people have to stand for the pledge i know that you dont have to say it but do you have to stand?

thanks
"This one goes out to the crippled kids its called im still standing" seth putnam
Quote by Soaper
this is just a quick question i dont want this to turn into a huge discssion is there a law that people have to stand for the pledge i know that you dont have to say it but do you have to stand?

thanks

No.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Be warned, if you go long enough without standing, they'll call the cops on you. Really. Oh well, it was time out of class for me.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
do you know where i coudl find some writen proof for that?
"This one goes out to the crippled kids its called im still standing" seth putnam
If you don't stand you're a dirty commie
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
There's no law. And most teachers allow you to sit. But I always stand because I've seen some smart kids that didn't stand but got straight on the teacher's bad side by doing so.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
No, but your school teachers are gonna make you do it anyway. (EDIT: I realize I just totally contradicted the person above me. Oh well.) In that case, just change the words and mutter them under your breath. Be sure to keep a straight face.

"I pledge allegiance
To queen frag
And her mighty state
Of hysteria.
And to..."

...That's all I got, and it was from Calvin and Hobbes.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Unconstitutional to say you have to, if I wanted I could pledge allegiance to the Confederate states of America which doesn't seem like such a bad idea....
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
You don't HAVE to, but in most schools (atleast all of the ones i've been to) its generally done. Now a days, everyone is getting all P.C. over the "one nation under god" thing, but it doesn't really bother me. If you want to sit, sit. If you want to stand, stand. If they give you any Sh!t about it, sue em. Back in 1st-7th grade we used to have to listen to it through a loud speaker every day. Now 9th, 10th, and this year, its only at assembly's or MAYBE once in a while. I generally sit because I'm really tired at 7:30 in the morining

~Lefty
nah you don't have to, I don't at least. But if anyone tries to force you(like the jerk teacher in my homeroom) tell them that they are infringing on your constitutional rights and go make them read the first ammendment to you(I did it and made my point)
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Unconstitutional to say you have to, if I wanted I could pledge allegiance to the Confederate states of America which doesn't seem like such a bad idea....

thats a good idea i should try it tomarrow
Quote by flesh fries
"did it hurt?"
"did what hurt?"
"when satan piledrived you up from hell you bitch"

say that to a girl and BAM...immediate sex...or a smack

lmao
Last edited by beatles_suck at Feb 28, 2007,
How hard is it to stand up for a couple seconds while they program some pointless pledge into our minds?
BOLD.
i forgot to stand once in my first block class and my teacher gave me hell so im trying to get alot of into on but if someone can get like offical shit say that i would be really greatful because im stuck
i always stand but i usually play the star spangled banner behind it

(music class)
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.

(music class)
Quote by DieGarbageMan

What a talented person.

(music class)
Quote by DieGarbageMan

What a talented person.
Don't have to stand and theres no law that says you do. Ever since gay marriage was banned in Wisconsin (where I live) I've vowed to not even stand for the pledge. I used to at least stand .. though I probably haven't said it since 9th grade.

Freedom and justice for all? Yeah, maybe when thats not a blatant lie I'll stand up again.
It's not about whether you're ass tired or not.

It's a way to pay respects to the people who have given their lives for our great country. It's the same with the National Anthem.

If you can't do that little symbol of gratitude for the people who made America what it is today, to give you the freedom disgrace them, what does that say about you?
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Fight the system, don't be a slave!!! I haven't stood for the pledge and I'm in ROTC, course I get ragged on by the other cadets in that brainwashing class.
Quote by Funkbass796
If you don't stand you're a dirty commie

Hey don't be badmouthing communism. It's a great form of government...in theory. Sadly in practice that hasn't been the case.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
Quote by rockstar mace

(music class)

how did you manage to post that three times?
Heh, I didn't stand the first time and when my teacher told me to I refused. Ironically, instead of getting in trouble, I had earned respect for my willingness to stand by my decision. I was happy, its the little battles that you win against teachers that keep you sane. Same way for bosses too.....

Oh, Calvin and Hobbes kick some mighty ass.
I'll sometimes say the pledge, I always stand because I'll honor the country. I WON'T say "under god". Instead I say "Under the wrathful Oden"
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Communist spawn of Marx.
Have you no pride?

Yeah, I don't really care that much either. But you should be proud of America. If not, go move to Kazakhastan.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by scrambler_66
No, but your school teachers are gonna make you do it anyway. (EDIT: I realize I just totally contradicted the person above me. Oh well.) In that case, just change the words and mutter them under your breath. Be sure to keep a straight face.

"I pledge allegiance
To queen frag
And her mighty state
Of hysteria.
And to..."

Quote by rbmason
It's not about whether you're ass tired or not.

It's a way to pay respects to the people who have given their lives for our great country. It's the same with the National Anthem.

If you can't do that little symbol of gratitude for the people who made America what it is today, to give you the freedom disgrace them, what does that say about you?

It's a persons right to not stand, if you force or ridicule someone for not standing you're completely underminding the people who fought and died for that, and all our rights. I say if you don't feel like it don't stand.
There were these two preppy cheerleader girls (sluts) who figured they were too damn good to say it, so they didn't. They got sent to the office. Wierd thing is, one of their dads is a major in the US army...Go figure.
2003 District ruling Teachers or any other staff cannot be forced to participate in the pledge, either: “It doesn’t matter whether you’re a teacher, a student, a citizen, an administrator, or anyone else, it is beyond the power of the authority of government to compel the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance,” - U.S. District Judge Lewis Babcock

do you think thats enough proof to prove my point?
I don't think they should have gotten sent to the office. I think they just wanted attention, and the teachers saw it more as a cry for help or an act of defience. My school's faculty are all dumbasses, for the most part.
Quote by Soaper
do you know where i coudl find some writen proof for that?

Are you planning on trying to be a badass and not saying the pledge of allegiance but not wanting to get into trouble for it?
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Quote by acdc101
Are you planning on trying to be a badass and not saying the pledge of allegiance but not wanting to get into trouble for it?

it has nothing to do with being a badass my teacher flipped out at me if its agaisnt the law for not standing so be it. but it doesnt havent anything to do with what i beleave its just about whats fair. i also really dont care about getting in trouble its not a big deal
Quote by scrambler_66

"I pledge allegiance
To queen frag
And her mighty state
Of hysteria.
And to..."

I wish I was Calvin.
Just think of what that would be like!!
You do not have to. It is simple as that.
I sometimes do, I sometimes don't, but it really doesn't matter.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Thousands of troops have died to ensure that you have the right to not say it.
I always enjoyed the pledge of allegiance. I do remember getting in trouble once for mockingly saying it when i was like 7, but oh well. Since most people are christian in the U.S., I don't see much problem with having it. If people don't want to say it, then they don't have to.

It's the whole seperation of church and state thing that people get mixed up. It doesn't say that they have to be seperate, people translate that wrong. What it means is that their will be no state or government mandated by one church. So that doesn't say take church out of school or the pledge of allegiance out, or even the 10 commandments. So what that says is if muslims or buddhist have something, they technically could put something in there too.
If you're talking about school, I didn't stand, got sent to the deans office and they said I had to write a note
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by Herr Jones
Don't have to stand and theres no law that says you do. Ever since gay marriage was banned in Wisconsin (where I live) I've vowed to not even stand for the pledge. I used to at least stand .. though I probably haven't said it since 9th grade.

Freedom and justice for all? Yeah, maybe when thats not a blatant lie I'll stand up again.

Yeah Same thing with me when I used to live there. The thing with the pledge is...During the 7 years I lived there, maybe once or twice we actually talked about the meaning of the pledge. As I could see, many people around me percieved it as another mindless robotic ritual we had to do to get through the day. To many, there was no concious purpose in saying it or not saying it. There is alot of corruption in this country, why don't we just honor the "liberty and justice for ALL" part?
Page 1 of 2