Who are some good film directors (besides the obvious)? Are there any directors that do a lot of music related stuff?
Me.

would you like me to look at a script of yours?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Scorsese, Hithcock, Wes Anderson, DePalma, Eastwood, Tarantino, Michael Gondry, David Fincher.
Roman Polanski, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese, Clint Eastwood is a decent director as well.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
I like M. Night Shyamalan a bunch but a lot of people don't. He directed 6th Sense, Signs, The Village, etc. I also like Michael Mann.
We're only strays.
Spike Jonze is a great music related filmmaker. He cut his teeth on music videos. Check out The Work of Director Spike Jonze DVD.

Also - Woody Allen, Wes Anderson, Alexander Payne, Mike Nichols, The Coen Brothers, Martin Scorcese, Roman Polanski, Michel Gondry, Stanley Kubrick, Alfonso Cuaron, Pedro Almodavar, and some more.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
Spike Jonze is a great music related filmmaker. He cut his teeth on music videos. Check out The Work of Director Spike Jonze DVD.

Also - Woody Allen, Wes Anderson, Alexander Payne, Mike Nichols, The Coen Brothers, Martin Scorcese, Roman Polanski, Michel Gondry, Stanley Kubrick, Alfonso Cuaron, Pedro Almodavar, and some more.

Polanski kicks ass. Him and Kubrick are my favourite directors.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Don't forget about Alfred Hitchcock and Orson Welles.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Well, one EXCELLENT director who I feel is very underappreciated is Francis Ford Coppola and he hasn't been mentioned in here only proving my point. Aside from that the majority of my favorite directors have been named, Scorcese, Polanski, Hitchcock, Kubrick and Wes Anderson. Also should mention George Romero and Kevin Smith. There's plenty more but that's all I'll list for now.
Quote by NGD1313
Well, one EXCELLENT director who I feel is very underappreciated is Francis Ford Coppola and he hasn't been mentioned in here only proving my point. Aside from that the majority of my favorite directors have been named, Scorcese, Polanski, Hitchcock, Kubrick and Wes Anderson. Also should mention George Romero and Kevin Smith. There's plenty more but that's all I'll list for now.

Well Coppola hasn't been good for awhile.

He has his greats (The Godfather Trilogy, Apocolypse Now) but he's just kinda disapeared. And when he isn't doing shit like Jack, he's doing nothing at all.
Poor advice.
Tim Burton is a great director. I say that not because his movies are classic (they're usually good, but not what I'd call classic), but because he is incredibly visually creative. His movies just LOOK good.

Cameron Crowe, while not the greatest director (as termed above), has made several brilliant movies.

Clint Eastwood also makes consistently great films. "Mystic River" is amazing.
Can't stop the signal.
Darren Aronofsky and Ingmar Bergman are my favorites

Hitchcock is amazing as well as Kubrick

Scorcese is ok in my opinion and I'm gonna say it now I thought the Departed was ok, it was not bad nor was it great
Quote by stellar_legs
Well Coppola hasn't been good for awhile.

He has his greats (The Godfather Trilogy, Apocolypse Now) but he's just kinda disapeared. And when he isn't doing shit like Jack, he's doing nothing at all.

Blasphemy! Jack was one of the top ten movies made in the past 15 years EASILY!

Ok maybe not and I agree with you that he kinda just disappeared, but he should be judged on his defining work not on a "what have you done for me lately?" basis though.
Quote by NGD1313
Blasphemy! Jack was one of the top ten movies made in the past 15 years EASILY!

Ok maybe not and I agree with you that he kinda just disappeared, but he should be judged on his defining work not on a "what have you done for me lately?" basis though.

I guess that's true. The Godfather trilogy is easily the greatest of all time, and Apocolypse Now of course is a classic.
Poor advice.
robert zemeckis, kevin smith, david fincher, richard linklater, and todd phillips are my favorites
I know he's considered more of a producer than director, but any Jerry Bruckheimer film has great choice of music and visual effects. I also agree that Clint Eastwood is establishing himself as a great director, he's been in the business long enough to know the odds and ends of things and he's done well with himself.

Stanly Kubrick has made many great classics. I still love full metal jacket and clockwork orange. It would have been interesting to see how A.I. would have turned out if it would have been directed by him instead of spielberg.