I'm trying to see where I'm at. What were you guys all playing after 4 months of playing the guitar? Please be honest.
Shitty, but i didn't really know how to practice well or have any lessons, plus I taught myself how to pick wrong. But of late i've corrected all that, except for the lessons and I'd say im fairly good, not amazing, for 3 and a half years of playing. THANK YOU UG FOR HELPING ME!!!
I have a bad memory, but I do know one thing - it took me a year before I could play a power chord :-/
LOL, i wasn't doing that great, i remember i was just trying to play a bunch of metallica and megadeth stuff. my memory is awful but it was like bits and pieces of enter sandman, welcome home, sad but true, y'know beginner stuff. i think i knew a couple nirvana and manson tunes beginning to end but nothing spectacular. don't sweat it, just keep at it man. and trust me, i sounded AWFUL... it happens, very few people actually sound good initially (most all of us sound like crap in the beginning) don't worry though, it goes away
I was still taking lessons and I sucked big time. However I could read standard notation, that was I could do close to the start, thanks to my lessons.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
umm i kinda sucked took me 2 months to master power chords and most greenday wasnt until 6 months i got my first electric and sold my acoustic. then every night i play for a few hours and thought i was crap UG helped me a bit but i was happier to do it on my own. i had freinds to guide me but they were pleased they were better than me then i flew past them and it wasnt until got out and compared myself to other people at a rock school course i started at school that i realised i was better than everyone there(most whom had been playing for 4 years somehow) so just compare to other people your age and how long theyve been playing
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
umm i kinda sucked took me 2 months to master power chords and most greenday wasnt until 6 months i got my first electric and sold my acoustic. then every night i play for a few hours and thought i was crap UG helped me a bit but i was happier to do it on my own. i had freinds to guide me but they were pleased they were better than me then i flew past them and it wasnt until got out and compared myself to other people at a rock school course i started at school that i realised i was better than everyone there(most whom had been playing for 4 years somehow) so just compare to other people your age and how long theyve been playing

haha not a single full stop
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
i sucked big time..

i only had like the G, E, D, A, and C chords down.. dont think i even knew any bar chords.. knew power chords.

i was playin stuff like "knockin on heavens door" by bob dylan, and "free fallin" by tom pettty and the chords to "wish you were here" pink floyd
Guess I'm the only one who took a year before I could play a chord
Um I could play the intro riff to sweet child o mine, deep purples black night and all pentatonic major minor and blues, nat minor melodic minor and harmonic minor and the major scale to one octave. I learnt all the basic open and barre chords. Learnt a few 7th chords as well. All well and good but I couldnt improvise at all lol.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!