Page 1 of 2
So I have 3 of their 5 CD's and I was wondering weather "...vs. the floating eye of death" and "Return of..." are any good. Also, who else is into them? Discuss the awesomness that is the aquabats.
i love the aquabats, both their old ska stuff and their new new wave/pop punk stuff. i know the lyrics to like all their songs, but any way, i think "return of" is better than "the floating eye" in my opinion, since it's their first and is a lot more ska than "the floating eye". both are good though, as are all their cds. "return of..." is my second favorite cd of theirs.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
i only listened to their knowledge cover, totally turned off...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by aspbass
they might be giants is possibly the greatest band ever!!!

reported for spamming

On Topic: I love the Aquabats. I actually started out listening to the new wave stuff, and then went back and discovered the ska.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Of all ska music, the aquabats require a very very aquired taste. Either you love them or you hate them.

I am still upset that they drop the ska thing, but there new stuff is still really good.

My dream is to see them live.
i think they suck...but that is just me...wasn't blink's drummer in the band?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by mike2
i think they suck...but that is just me...wasn't blink's drummer in the band?

Yea travis barker was the drummer for fury of the aquabats only.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Of all ska music, the aquabats require a very very aquired taste. Either you love them or you hate them.

I am still upset that they drop the ska thing, but there new stuff is still really good.

My dream is to see them live.

haha, yea that's true. when i first heard the aquabats, i heard "my skateboard" and i thought it was ok. then i heard "pizza day" and i thought it was awesome, but then i heard "i fell asleep on my arm" and i was like wtf? did they sell out?!? then i searched for a picture of them and i realized they weren't a band to take seriously.
Quote by Ska Wars
haha, yea that's true. when i first heard the aquabats, i heard "my skateboard" and i thought it was ok. then i heard "pizza day" and i thought it was awesome, but then i heard "i fell asleep on my arm" and i was like wtf? did they sell out?!? then i searched for a picture of them and i realized they weren't a band to take seriously.

Yeah I think "i fell asleep on my arm" is just to make fun of linkin park and korn type of music.
Charge is such a fun album even if it's not ska.

And of course their old albums rule too.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by sargasm
Fun live show, but they get boring recorded.

i agree i have the fury of imean upon first listen its great but after a couple listens it just gets boring

I really would like to see them live though
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Quote by sargasm
Fun live show, but they get boring recorded.

. .
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Attacked By Snakes is really fun! But i only like The Bats when i've downed a couple red bulls lol
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
You won't find a better band with men in their mid 30s dressed like super heros.
"I may not know much, but I know the difference between chicken salad and chicken shit."
Quote by dr.worm
You won't find a better band with men in their mid 30s dressed like super heros.

I like you because you also like super heroes AND have a They Might Be Giants reference in your user name

But I like the Aquabats based purely on their live show. But in the end, that should pretty much be all that matters.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
they're good... super rad, pizza day, and martian girl...

their new stuff's alright, but i prefer the intense horn parts that are actually harder than they seem to play... i wonder why they don't have a few horns for live shows and rely on other bands...

the best part is i can play em at work and not get into trouble for lyrics
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
I saw them live with Rancid. I was very very confused.

I bough their new album and its not good, so I dont really like them

I haven't looked in on any of their other stuff though
Why you gotta open up the hateorade on the Aqabats man? I'm not liking your negative vibe.
"I may not know much, but I know the difference between chicken salad and chicken shit."
Quote by mike2
i only listened to their knowledge cover, totally turned off...

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a joke. Theair old stuff is way better that Charge!! and the other new shit. I love The Fury Of... thou. Good Stuffs

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
i don't care, they suck.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Does anybody have the tabs for the guitars in their song "Ska Boss"?
Z?
Saw them live here in San Diego. they kicked ass. They chucked some 3 or 4 year old kid name sam cook into the crowd and crowd surfed him to his parents, it was so damn awesome. It was a really bitchin show and it was kinda funny too. Really good live. Somehow made all of their recorded stuff sound so much better to me all of a sudden, especially pool party
gah i love the aquabats!
my favorite song is super rad!
the bassline is so cool and the horns on it are great!
i also think magic chicken is really good!
i cant believe no-one has mentioned Pool Party! thats my favorite song!

EDIT: ec1991 srta mentioned it..
Quote by d-pad
Does anybody have the tabs for the guitars in their song "Ska Boss"?

well, it's a cover of the skatalites song "ska ba". i'm not sure if that helps.
Quote by dr.worm

lol

werent they going to do a kids show?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I still don't care, and I still think they suck
Quote by BrianApocalypse

*edit:can you re-send whatever you sent to my inbox? I just changed my email address...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Last edited by mike2 at Jun 5, 2007,
i know, bute even with all my bans, i have yet to see one...curiosity i suppose....
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
i know, bute even with all my bans, i have yet to see one...curiosity i suppose....

If I were you, I would adopt Johnny Skullfuck's catchphrase:

"I have to learn to behave myself!"
Page 1 of 2