On a standard guitar tuner, I know that 440hz is standard tuning, what is the value for tuning down a 1/2 step??
if you have a chromatic tuner, just tune your e to where it says Eb on the tuner. if you dont have a chromatic tuner, just tune the first fret to an E, and keep going like that.
Tune with your finger on the 1st fret. That simple.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
It's still 440Hz, you just tune to Eb, Ab, Db etc. The 440 Hz refers to the cycles per second of the soundwave. Each sound produces a wave which can be measured. In this case, that sound is the pitch "A" which has a value of 440Hz. The other values in your tuner are all referring to "A" still but will slightly change its pitch so that when/if you tune to an "A" other than 440 all your notes will be slightly higher or lower than someone tuned to standard 440.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by Hallows_Eve
The only reason I tune down half a step is because it puts lets resistance on the strings, which just makes playing easier. Not much of a difference from normal tuning, tho.

but the gods like Hendrix and Lizzy do it
Quote by Hallows_Eve
The only reason I tune down half a step is because it puts lets resistance on the strings, which just makes playing easier. Not much of a difference from normal tuning, tho.

I also noticed that it gives the sound more of a beefy sound. Better for playing metal. I would tune down 1/2 as well, if i didn't find it a pain in the ass to tune my Locking Floyd Rose trem system.
i'm sure the author knows how to tune down a half-step. he or she just wants to know the numerical value of A flat. good question.
Ab=400hertz
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
now im not sure, but ive heard that A is the only note thats frequency is an even number, thats why the always use A, instead of C or somthing else.
no.all are even.each half step is 40 hertz and an octave is 440 so A is an octave up from silence
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
theres a flat/sharp button on cheap tuners that you are probably not aware of. Hit it once, and then just tune to the normal letters, and it would be a half step down
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions!!

My gear:
Fender American Std Strat,
Aria pro 2,
Marshall 50W combo,
digitech GSP 21 effect rack.
Quote by lefthand man#12
Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions!!

My gear:
Fender American Std Strat,
Aria pro 2,
Marshall 50W combo,
digitech GSP 21 effect rack.

dude, you dont have to type out your rig at the bottom of posts, if you want people to know what you own that badly, just sig it
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid