Has anyone fired a band member?
If you have, I am in need of assitance!
My band is firing our drummer and hes our friend, so...how the F U C K do you fire a friend!?!?

Any drummers in Winnipeg?...any musicians?
"the only thing you pound good is ass... and even your boyfriend complians about that"
Quote by death_rider
My band is firing our drummer and hes our friend, so...how the F U C K do you fire a friend!?!?

We all love you but you suck at drums. Sorry buddy. GTFO.

Or give him hints that you don't like his drumming... Or just stop telling him when band practice is.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
You just do it.

Yesterday, our guitarist came over to my house to fire me (luckily I told him I was quitting before he got a chance to speak). But Hell, you just do it, and as awful as it is, you'll probably lose a friend.

Why don't all of you take him out to dinner and then break it to him afterwards?
Poor advice.
Why are you kicking him out?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by goods2006
We all love you but you suck at drums. Sorry buddy. GTFO.

Or give him hints that you don't like his drumming... Or just stop telling him when band practice is.

That could work, but, his life is completely screwed up, his dad beat him with a extra large syrup bottle a few months ago!
Just tell him it's not working out and that you want to see other people on the side.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by lou_dog69

sigged

HAHA! You noticed before I changed it. Feel free to change it back haha.

EDIT: I guess you already did
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Why are you kicking him out?

Why you ask, because he is one annoying guy, he tries to hard and no one likes him, even thogh he is our friend... our bass player thinks of him as a wookie!
Quote by death_rider
Why you ask, because he is one annoying guy, he tries to hard and no one likes him, even thogh he is our friend... our bass player thinks of him as a wookie!

Oh, well I meant no harm. I was just curious.

Wait, why a wookie?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by death_rider
That could work, but, his life is completely screwed up, his dad beat him with a extra large syrup bottle a few months ago!

WTF?...

That's a little weird... Umm... how old are you guys? If you are like 13 it doesn't really matter if you kick him out or not, you probably suck anyways. It's the unfortunate truth. And his dad couldn't find anything better than an extra large syrup bottle? And this was a few months ago? Your friend has a ****ed up household. Tell him to take drumming lessons and get better I guess.

EDIT:
He tries too hard? WTF is that? There is no such thing as trying too hard, that is who you should be looking for for a good band.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Something along these lines:

"We've told you, and told you, and told you..... but you haven't improved your behavior in practice one bit. We feel that you have taken us for granted as your band mates. We plan on getting somewhere, and the way you're acting is holding us back. Your drumming services are no longer required. Try to understand."

Too professional?
Quote by goods2006
WTF?...

That's a little weird... Umm... how old are you guys? If you are like 13 it doesn't really matter if you kick him out or not, you probably suck anyways. It's the unfortunate truth. And his dad couldn't find anything better than an extra large syrup bottle? And this was a few months ago? Your friend has a ****ed up household. Tell him to take drumming lessons and get better I guess.

EDIT:
He tries too hard? WTF is that? There is no such thing as trying too hard, that is who you should be looking for for a good band.

He doesn't try to hard at DRUMMING, he tries to hard at being cool! and we are 16! He thinks hes to cool to take lessons.
Quote by terrencemaddox

Wait, why a wookie?

A wookie because, he is really slow and... well ask thrashmustaine.
Quote by death_rider
He doesn't try to hard at DRUMMING, he tries to hard at being cool! and we are 16! He thinks hes to cool to take lessons.

Hmm... Tell him he needs to take lessons or he is out. If he tries to look cool that is his own problem. But tell him to take lessons or he is out, just be straight about it. If he gets all pissy and says you guys aren't his friends then he isn't your friend in the first place. If he is a real friend he will either:

A) take lessons
B) Give you a reason for not taking lessons, such as he can't afford it, in which case you should help him. The too cool for lessons could be a cover up for a deeper issue.
C) Say he is not taking lessons and quit the band, but remain a friend.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Yeah I had to kick out my friend from my old band. He said he was ok with it, but he would always bring it up.
Quote by goods2006
WTF?...

EDIT:

well he is making everyone hate our band and all, now he got kicked out of the house yesturday, and we're going to get rid of him today and our singer doesn't want to do it but it has to be done and all, and i'm going to become the drummer. He also makes things more complicated then they actually are resulting in bad drumming, and he can't get better because he can't practise. We're older then 13, and we're are actually good from the reviews we herd from our concerts.
Last edited by metallica_19 at Mar 3, 2007,
I think it's hard quitting a band. I was in a band with 2 mates who are both cool guys but the music just wasn't my thing, it was hard to quit though and they always ask me to start again
Quote by death_rider

You tell him

How bloody hard is that