ive never played a fireball, but the 5150 is an absolute gem for metal. IMO its not going to do blues and funk very well since when the pre amp gain is set at a lower level it sounds like the amp is being held back (all SIX gain stages are still used with the rythem(clean) channel- 5150II is different in this manner, "only" 3 are used). But the through the high gain input and the lead channel, the crunchy tones that are created are jizzingly good. Well worth busting out the extra cash for a decent clean combo to A/B.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Well, they're fairly different amps. The 5150 is pretty dark sounding, and every single metal head in history and their sister play them... And the cleans are crappy.

The Fireball has relatively great cleans, and a brighter voicing. Plus it's 60watts as opposed to 120 and has 2 master volumes. It's really up to preference for the most part. From what I've picked up on the Harmony Central forums, a lot of people prefer the Fireball to the 5150. And not many people have ENGLs, especially in the US, if that interests you. I personally don't like getting huge brand name stuff...
Actually i recently came into ownership of a fireball and its a nice amp good for thrash metal. And im selling it if anyone is interested
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join