what amp would be great if your playing melodic death metal? I'm looking for an amp that be great for that kind of style of music.
Fender Blues Jr.

...totally brings the mosh
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
i have a line 6 amp with built in effects its pretty nice if u want alot of distortion and i play melo death it was 100
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
lol at melodic and death metal in the same sentence...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Those guys are being asses. Look into a Marshall Jcm2000 DSL, or Mesa Mark or Rectifier Series. If you like really heavy distortion, look into a Randall Warhead.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by Funkbass796
Fender Blues Jr.

...totally brings the mosh

Actually thats what i use and i shred lamb of god and children of bodom with it lol

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Honestly, you could get a Peavey 6505 for less than any of those suggestions. Better suited to the genre in question also.
I've never heard anything that I thought was melodic and death metal at the same time. Unless you mean something like Dimmu Borgir. If that's the case, then I agree with the Casualty.
When I mean melodic death metal, I'm talking about At the Gates, Dark Tranquility, that kind of stuff.
Quote by myself101
lol at melodic and death metal in the same sentence...

lOlz leik how cuD deth metl b melodic????!?!
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I've never heard anything that I thought was melodic and death metal at the same time. Unless you mean something like Dimmu Borgir. If that's the case, then I agree with the Casualty.

Kalmah, At The Gates, Children Of Bodom, Carcass.

All considered Melodeath (not so much Carcass).
Quote by AzureNight
lOlz leik how cuD deth metl b melodic????!?!

lOLZ IE NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Thank you, Casualty and garden of grey. I already listen to Bodom, but I'll check those others out as soon as I can. The reason I don't know these bands is probably the fact that I've only been listening to metal for about three years. I get excited about exploring genres of music that are new to me. You two really opened up a new window. Much appreciated.
i hear people say children of bodom are melodic death
and they use VHT power amps
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
I prefer Crate for melo-death.

Nice amount of crunch and distortion whilst being clear enough to hear nice melodies.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.