Page 1 of 2
So ive been researching this banned drink. But i wanna know more about it. anybody ever had it and if so how was the experience.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
go to tijuana, they sell it there... also in europe i believe?

i've never tried it, but i really want to. its expensive, but i heard it was the most disgusting thing ever...

i have an article on this man trying to distill it to make it legal... Dont think it worked out but i dunno...

on my top ten things to do before i die list...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
yeah but u can order it from europe to be delivered here.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
You can buy it here...but it's about $75 a bottle.

I've never tryed it, but my friend did. he said he was drunk for 2 days. it's dangerous stuff man.
Quote by Scissortooth
You can buy it here...but it's about $75 a bottle.

I've never tryed it, but my friend did. he said he was drunk for 2 days. it's dangerous stuff man.

either you're lying, or he is. you can't get drunk for 2 days from absinthe.
Quote by Zuka
either you're lying, or he is. you can't get drunk for 2 days from absinthe.

That's what he told me. All I know, is that I woulden't ever touch the stuff. I would take one shot, and probably pass out and die in my own vomit
Quote by Scissortooth
That's what he told me. All I know, is that I woulden't ever touch the stuff. I would take one shot, and probably pass out and die in my own vomit

an honorable death.

rest in peace bon
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
the people in the drug thread know lots about it. i was there when it came up one time.

apparently its nothing like what its like in eurotrip, instead its just like a really strong alcohol. it'll mess you up, but you wont hallucinate or anything.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
how is it compared to everything else? like actual numbers / measurements?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
how is it compared to everything else? like actual numbers / measurements?

I think it's 70%
uhh dont take more than a shot i
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
It's basically alcohol with wormwood in it. Wormwood apparently has some psychidellic qualities, but I have never tried it so I dont know.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by Scissortooth

Actually absinthe is a much cleaner drunken state than any other alchohol. It's extremely strong, but the effects of it are way different feeling. It doesn't impair your thinking as much for one thing, and it doesn't last longer than any other alchohol. So your friend was lying. Absinthe doesn't slow down the liver process.

Here: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/absinthe/absinthe.shtml
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
is slowing down the liver process bad?

and wat are some percents for other alcoholic drinks?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Quote by CanadaHckyDude

It doesn't slow down the liver process, meaning it gets metabolised just as quickly as every other alcohol. It's right around vodka in alcohol percent I think.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
so vodka's around 70%?

alright to clean things up for me. what does the percent represent?

and what are the percents for like rum, vodka, beer, tequila, etc. if those make any sense with the % question.
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

Quote by CanadaHckyDude

I mean the liver is going to get rid of alchohol at the same rate no matter what you drink, absinthe isn't going to be any different from any other alchoholic drink in terms of length of drunkenness. However generally Absinthe will you get you drunk faster because of it's extremely high alchohol content (Usually 65-85% by volume). Most other hard liquors are around 50% or so, as a general rule of thumb.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
ahh ok.

so wat are some hard liquors?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

Quote by CanadaHckyDude
ahh ok.

so wat are some hard liquors?

Rum, whiskey, vodka, cognac, etc.... If you don't know what the hard liquors are you are too young to drink them.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
who said i was drinking them? haha
and wat does the % stand for?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

Quote by Chromeproguitar
uhh dont take more than a shot i

It might just be my constitution, but I took two shots and then drank a swig straight from the bottle of 75% Alchohol content Absinthe and didn't get drunk at all. Really there's a bit too much fear around Absinthe, it's just like any other hard liquor but slightly more potent and gives you a cleaner buzz. And if you do it right, with a specific kind, and drink so much you nearly pass out, then there's a slight chance of hallucinations.

Ah the joy of the misinformation illegalizing drugs leads to.

Just know your bodies folks.

Edit: The % is the amount, out of 100, of pure alchohol there is in the drink. Higher % (Percentage) there is, the stronger it is, the faster you will get drunk. Really it's just 2nd grade math bro
Kabir
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
who said i was drinking them? haha
and wat does the % stand for?

% of alcohol in the volume.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
alright. Thanks.
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

The nerfed stuff is legal in Australia. But apparently the legal stuff will just get you smashed really fast, won't be a Hallucenogenic or anything. (If I spelt that right)
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
You cannot get it in the US it is illegal here...
Its 70% and has Wormwood and with that percent no wonder they says you hallucinate...
But you gotta go outta the country to get it unless you find someone who has smuggled it here....but thats unlikely
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
It's alright. It tastes like black licorice, and burns on the way down (worse than room-temp vodka). It is a different drunk, a clearer f'ed up, but still f'ed up. No hallucinations, and I got the stuff straight from Scotland. It just gets you drunk quick.

After the first few shots the taste isn't as bad anymore.
Member #12 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
alright, i dont know if anyone has said this yet, i couldnt be stuffed to read all the posts...but absinthe is supposed to be pretty lethal. if you drink alot of it on a regular basis, its supposed to drive you INSANE.

but who cares about that. its green! yeah i like it already.
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
so vodka's around 70%?

and what are the percents for like rum, vodka, beer, tequila, etc. if those make any sense with the % question.

70% for vodka, thats a bit f*ckin extreme. your average shelf spirits from the bottle store range from 37 to 44. beer's usually between 4-5 for normal and 8-12 for elephant beer.

my uncle has a bottle of 89% absinthe that comes in a bottle that looks like a sambuca bottle. he can handle it, he'll have a 40 oz of whiskey before a party starts, and finish another before it ends, and still be standing, horendously incoherent but still standing
Quote by Scissortooth

Quote by PlayTheMetal
an honorable death.

rest in peace bon

I think that's the exact opposite of an honorable death...

<Han> I love Hitler
When I was on holiday in October you could buy small bottles of it in various colours for a few euros.
Quote by punk_isntemo12
alright, i dont know if anyone has said this yet, i couldnt be stuffed to read all the posts...but absinthe is supposed to be pretty lethal. if you drink alot of it on a regular basis, its supposed to drive you INSANE.

but who cares about that. its green! yeah i like it already.

Yeah well that's just a myth, so

And to CanadaHckyDude, if you have to ask those questions, you should really get out more. Or at least talk to people.
If I were you I wouldn't drink it.
last time I had any I was literally throwing up for almost 12 hours straight.
to be fair it was mixed with vodka
My sister has a video of me after that. that video would put you off of it.
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
Maybe you have an allergic reaction to it or something? I've never heard of any REAL negative side effects from drinking it.

I don't see how mixing it with vodka would change anything.

I have a video of a friend who goes friggin' nuts after drinking like.. 2 shots of vodka. He turns all red and laughs like a ****ing lunatic, then has a nose bleed.
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
so vodka's around 70%?

No vodkas about 40%. Absinthe is about 60% usually... Anyone that tells you they hallicinated is full of shit, you will get very drunk very quickly but you will NOT hallucinate, unless it has the full illegal concentration of the chemical in the wormwood in it, which is illegal. It has a very distinctive taste, me and my mate went through a whole bottle in a few hours, we diddnt pass out, but we were preety drunk, hangover wasnt too bad....

The traditional method for consuming it is place a sugar cube on a special slotted spoon over a glass. you then pour some absinthe on the sugar and light it on fire and let the sugar caramelise..... you then drink it how you like.... We did this for a while then drank the rest neat....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Maybe you have an allergic reaction to it or something? I've never heard of any REAL negative side effects from drinking it.

I don't see how mixing it with vodka would change anything.

^uploading video onto youtube
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
Quote by sheumack111

The traditional method for consuming it is place a sugar cube on a special slotted spoon over a glass. you then pour some absinthe on the sugar and light it on fire and let the sugar caramelise..... you then drink it how you like.... We did this for a while then drank the rest neat....

I thought you were supposed to pour the absinthe into the glass, then ice water over the sugar cube on the slotted spoon, until the water is at a 1:1 ratio with the absinthe?
I don't see why the yanks hold it in such a mythical position.

It's just a spirit, much like any other. It goes from 40 to over 70%, just like any vodka or whisky.

It tastes like shite, just like any other shooter.

Aside from that it's just alcohol, it does nothing else and if you believed one word in the horribly racist eurotrip you're a fool.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Page 1 of 2