what should i get... a maarshall mg30 dfx or a line 6 spider III 30? it will replace a little 10 watt ibanez from jumpstart and ill use it at home and at small gigs
maybe you should consider other amps too

a budget would be helpful

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
what kinda music are you playing?

or what bands tone do you like?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Line 6...although most people here hate both of them.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
maybe...a used b-52

pretty good for hi-gain stuff...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Dude I would usually tell you to save up and buy something else; Which I will still reccomend. BUT...if you are going to buy one of THOSE two, make it the spider III. Dont say "hey I'll save a few bucks and buy the spider II!" The II sounds like balls. I used to hate all things Line6. But decided to give the spider III a fair chance. It makes a good practice amp. Easy set up, user friendly, simple effects interface, cheap, and doesnt sound half bad. The artist presets can be helpful too. You get an idea of a sound then you tweak it a bit for your tastes. I wouldnt ever say buy a line 6 then go gig with it...or an MG....or an AVT. If your going to be in a band and want to sound good....save up. But if you just wanna practice, have fun, an not blow a lot of cash, go for the spider III. I am still considering buying one just to have.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
None of any of the amps you mentioned will really cut it for small gigs. Unless you're playing someplace with a giant ass P.A., even then, I really wouldn't do it....... Unless you're talking garage and living room shows, I'd just get a small cheap tube amp, and a multi-fx like one of the new ZOOM pedals.
If you step up the wattage a bit....like to 75, you will be able to mic it and do small gigs. But the thing with digital amps is....when you turn them up....they sound worse and worse. So I say keep the amp volume kinda low and mic it. That is IF you decide to go for the spider...because we are all hoping you dont go for the MG.

But I am still going to say hold off and buy a good tube amp. But I wouldnt go for multi-effects. They dont deliver in the end. They just end up being ok....but you wont fall in love with them.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Save for a real amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
if you're going for that sort of type of amp

look into a Roland cube 30 or Vox AD30VT

either will be much better than the 2 you listed
Fender Blues Jr or find a used Hot Rod Deluxe...you can prob find one for around 400. The HRD is plenty powerful for small gigs...maybe even medium ones
go look in the stickies
its explained in there

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

the Marshall MG seris and Line 6 spiders aren't too well regarded around here. maybe a Roland Cube?
Quote by GrimaceRocker
the Marshall MG seris and Line 6 spiders aren't too well regarded around here. maybe a Roland Cube?

I hate you for that....
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
I'd get a Roland Cube 60 or a used tube amp....both u mentioned stink.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by timo1
well would the avtx series be good ( i now learnt a valuable lesson... everyone here hates marshall mgs and line 6s

No. They're a small step up from the MG series, but not much.

With a budget like that, forget about Marshall.
as a MG owner/ hater.

i also suggest cube over MG.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by timo1
well would the avtx series be good ( i now learnt a valuable lesson... everyone here hates marshall mgs and line 6s

we hate SPider's not all line 6. the flextone is alright. i like the pods.

get a VOX valvetronix. there great amps. still getting to know theme but they are great.
Last edited by tristboyer at Mar 9, 2007,