im looking for a small..moderately quiet tube combo. the reason is i am a bedroom bassist and also link my bass amp to my guitar amp for beef, but with my 200w at the moment it just goes nuts.

Is it possible to get something like 50watts but high quality?
DO NOT EVER EVER EVER PLUG YOUR BASS INTO A GUITAR AMP EVER!

If you want to play in a band later you will want a bigger amp. Though if you just wana play in your bedroom, get a small 10W practice amp! It works quite well for playing with acoustic guitars and singing.

I'd suggest something made by Peavy or Marshal. But the choice is really you, depending on your needs.
Quote by Fast_Bear

Exception: when you're using a guitar amp for distorted treble and are filtering out the bass.

If you can afford it, there are various Ampegs with lower power ratings and all tube.
A few options:

1. Pignose Hog 30 amp. Battery powered or AC. Works well for apartments and small jams.

2. Danelectro Nifty Seventy. AC only, but it has the nicest tone for a small practice amp.

3. Carvin BRX-112 Neo. If you can scrimp and save, this is the bass amp to get. I turn the knob to "1" and it is already louder than either of the amps listed above. "10" will cause furniture and windows to shake in the room. It is a small amp, but it is powerful--your guitarist friends who have Marshalls will laugh when you bring this puppy in, but you will blow them away with the tone and volume and have the last laugh.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
Quote by Fast_Bear

If you want to play in a band later you will want a bigger amp. Though if you just wana play in your bedroom, get a small 10W practice amp! It works quite well for playing with acoustic guitars and singing.

I'd suggest something made by Peavy or Marshal. But the choice is really you, depending on your needs.

im plugging a guitar into a guitar amp and using the bass amp for low end mayhem. ill check out the ampeg and the carvin.