Jonjy2
Weeeeeeeee
2,719 IQ
K, this is only 25 measures but I'd be eternally grateful if you'd check it out...

I just wrote this tonight...I've been wanting to write something kinda Metallica-like...And I think this is kinda kinda like them....w.e I'll shut up...plz download it...

EDIT: Oh yea and sorry about the extra lead guitar...:-\ I was gonna add something then changed my mind...
Attachments:
Metallica Inspired Song.zip
Last edited by Jonjy2 at Mar 1, 2007,
GuitarDaemon
Music keeps me goin.
65 IQ
Rock on. That progression was very nice. Definitely a riff you can bang your head too. There's a lot of potential there.

And thx for the crit on my first post Jonjy2, it was badly out of key. I'm posting one I started awhile back that is in key.
XXpunkXstaveXX
46 IQ
Nice. I really liked it. Part one could do with a lead though, maybe coming in at bar 5 after the fade in.

And yeah did sorta remind me of metallica.
Paradox321
UG's Batman.
155 IQ
Nice man, that was pretty awesome. I especially liked the middle acoustic part. I could definetely see these riffs being used in a song. I agree with XXpunkXstaveXX though, some leads would make it even better.
Metallica798
Or just Tali.
150 IQ
ace man, easy to play and sounds awesum, nice job
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood
you know shoes are a very serious matter.
Hitler couldn't have invaded Poland without shoes. Yeah you think about that!

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I knew I had a long lost brother
Hypetreme
The Black Mage
997 IQ
I waited little longer version but not bad. Good headbanging intro there I liked the acoustic part. I didn't notice any Metallica elements there. Nice work and I hope you will be making more of this.

Wanna crit mine Folk metal tabs? Link in sig.
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
6_6_6_1_syn
UG Newbie
854 IQ
That was simple but a great start...i did like the acoustic part a lot, and the progression wasnt very generic and sounded great, id love to see a lead over that
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
6,087 IQ
I liked the intro riff......but I think it should need some more variation after the second guitar comes in...maybe some 16 notes here an there...
I really liked the acoustic part.
24-25 ar pretty good, but you should finish the riff..well, in fact you should finish the whole song.....
Oasis-fanatic
UG Fanatic
1,173 IQ
very nice man, maybe for the last part you can speed it up a little? thats all i can really say....but good job its strange i saw this thread after i started working on a thrash/metallica style song xD 8/10 keep working on it

crit mine?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins