Two new songs from my band "Seedy and the Buns".

Have a listen and tell me what you think. Obviously crit for crit. If I take a while to crit yours, don't worry. I will do it eventually, I'm probably having troubles with internet.

http://www.myspace.com/seevousplay
return to sender hate: the bass is kind off boring for slap. the vocals are a bit whiny for my taste, and teh drums are a bit boring

1000 pardons: i like the guitar riff for this. this is the better song of the two, but the drums are still pretty boring. i'd rather have programed than that dude.

thanks for the crit.

edit: way to not be able to read! at least i got one of the right ones by shear luck.
Too cool for a signature.
Last edited by chrisatgrace at Mar 1, 2007,
i'm guessing you guys don't have a full drum kit so you stook with simple drums. I didnt like retun to sender hate much but i did like 1000 pardons the guitar just sounded good there. I see you guys have many influences just clean up the vocals a bit and maybe tried programmed drums or something other than that keep working hard on it.
Smile alot today... okay?
i actually kinda like the real simple drum sound, its almost like violent femmes kinda stuff, but at the same time not at all. i agree with the others, 1000 pardons is the better song here. haha i also like some of the lyrics in return to sender hate, "you dont share my views so i'll bomb your house". wait now im listening to dizzy dora, and i like this one better, cool sound. it almost reminds me of early incubus, nice work. keep jammin

mind critting mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534929
Last edited by allstrats726 at Mar 1, 2007,
I like the bass line in return to sender, but that weird lead thing going on in the background is pretty annoying. I liked the vocals and lyrics because they reminded me a lot of the talking heads. The drums were pretty good, but the guitar playing wasn't anything excellent. I liked the guitar playing much more in shove it in grandad, but it got a little repetitive. The bass in that one was pretty cool, too. 1000 pardons sounds like it was recorded with higher quality. The bass is pretty strong in the left ear. IT shouldn't be panned 100 percent like that without something equally as powerful in the right ear (the guitar sounds good in the right, but the frequencies are high and the bass is overpowering in the left ear). I liked dizzy dora a lot, too. The lyrics/vox again remind me of Talking Heads and so does the bass and guitar. I like this song most, probably because it's probably the funkiest, catchiest, and most upbeat/fast. Good job. Thanks for my crit.
I don't see why people think the drums are boring. Still, it's valid criticism, so I can't complain. And, it is a fairly small kit. Just the bass, 2 rack toms, floor tom, snare, hihat, and crash. Still, not as minimal as Slim Jim Phantom, and he's a cool drummer. There are more songs with more complex drum beats, but we can't choose based just on that, can we?

With the vox, I know it all needs redoing, but any time we record, we only have a few takes, due to time constraints. Any feedback on the tonal qualities of the voice? I'm still only new to singing, so I know I need to get better, just don't know where.

To gunsnroses89, Shove it in Grandad was just some jam we recorded, and on 1000 Pardons I can't remember where I panned the bass and guitar, but It wasn't 100 percent on either.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks for the crit mate.

I really liked the Dizzy Dora song! Everything about that song is very tastefull, so to me it was really good and also strange!
Also, the 1000 Pardons song is also very good, the guitar play, is really what keeps the song going, but I think I understand what you are doing, so I think the bass and drums works fine!

Keep up the good work! You definatly have something!
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Thanks for the crits mate xD

For my drums i used guitar pros Midi format wich i transferred into fruity loops and swapped them for drum samples.

Dizzy Dora is a very nice song. Lots of energy and funky riffs, very catchy ones too. Keeps you listening

1000 Pardons has some nice Guitars, kind of entrancing, a nice listen

I would work on the vocals though, they some a little bit off, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little practice but overall ur sound is perty good,
Quote by Thrasher203
Thanks for the crits mate xD

For my drums i used guitar pros Midi format wich i transferred into fruity loops and swapped them for drum samples.

Dizzy Dora is a very nice song. Lots of energy and funky riffs, very catchy ones too. Keeps you listening

1000 Pardons has some nice Guitars, kind of entrancing, a nice listen

I would work on the vocals though, they some a little bit off, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little practice but overall ur sound is perty good,

Cheers, man. Yeah, I know the vocals are far from perfect. I practice as much as I can. I have at least reached the point where colds and not looking after my voice actually has a negative effect.
Thanks for critting mine. I'll crit Dizzy Dora in return.

Pretty good track mate. Definitely has a 60s vibe to it.
Reminds me of something The Kinks would do.

Love the bassline.
Great track overall, keep it up.
im listening right now.....right away the music is pretty good! I don't really like the vocals to much especially when he says "dora" that just doesn't sounds good to me. Other parts are ok....when going lower the vocals are also at their worst...they sound a lot better in the mid range. Other than that though the vocals aren't to bad.....its just parts i dont think sound good.....could just by personal preference(cause they are on key).

kool song! and nice recording too.

8/10