this is a pretty long shot, but i really want to find out

i went to italy in 2004, and pretty much everywhere i went there was this one song playing.
it's way out of my style, but it was a pop song, with a woman singing. one of those ones with the big catchy choruses where they put everything they have into it.

on the video on mtv i'm pretty sure they had her on a mountain or a cliff or something, but i could be wrong.

i think it was midway - later in the year. the only bit i remember to say exactly when it was was that about a week after we got there we went to milan, and the members of green day and the hosts of the italian mtv where there.

when i asked someone what the song was called they said it was 'resto in ascolto', which i found out is by simona bencini, but that isn't it. the song i'm looking for had a huge catchy chorus, and was a more of a pop song...i could see kelly clarkson listening to that sort of song.

by the way when i say they played it all the time, i mean ALL THE TIME. you'd be watching mtv and it'd be on there, then you go on the bus and it's on the radio. so it must have been a pretty big hit.

any help would be appreciated.
cheers
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Its called spics eat spaghetti
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
hmmmm....italian pop song with a woman singing big catchy chorus....i think i know this one.....

My sig is better than yours
Quote by pistols
this is a pretty long shot, but i really want to find out

i went to italy in 2004, and pretty much everywhere i went there was this one song playing.
it's way out of my style, but it was a pop song, with a woman singing. one of those ones with the big catchy choruses where they put everything they have into it.

on the video on mtv i'm pretty sure they had her on a mountain or a cliff or something, but i could be wrong.

i think it was midway - later in the year. the only bit i remember to say exactly when it was was that about a week after we got there we went to milan, and the members of green day and the hosts of the italian mtv where there.

when i asked someone what the song was called they said it was 'resto in ascolto', which i found out is by simona bencini, but that isn't it. the song i'm looking for had a huge catchy chorus, and was a more of a pop song...i could see kelly clarkson listening to that sort of song.

by the way when i say they played it all the time, i mean ALL THE TIME. you'd be watching mtv and it'd be on there, then you go on the bus and it's on the radio. so it must have been a pretty big hit.

any help would be appreciated.
cheers

pistols- tu parli?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
^i haven't done italian since that year
i'm pretty sure that means do i speak italian? not very well. just the occasional word / phrase

yeah, i realised this is a pretty ****ing long shot, but it's such a good song...just that god damn google won't show the italian top 10 from 2004. it just says some guys favourite 10 albums or something like that.
Quote by B4Dkarma

WOO! I FOUND IT!

i found some site that has pretty much every song on charts around the world from as far back as 2002 or 2003 or something
turns out the song was at the #1 spot in october 2004. it's by laura pausini, called "resta in ascolto"

so if it wasn't for one different letter i would have found it already...

not the kind of song i'd usually listen to, but it reminds me of when i was over there, so i'm pretty ****ing happy.
it's a pretty good song anyway though
Quote by B4Dkarma