SPECS:
  • Spruce top
  • Walnut back and sides
  • Mahogany neck

This will be a 17" scale tenor ukulele.

Making the rosette

I used a nail, paddle pop stick and some blades to cut the walnut part of the rosette. The photo should explain the method.

Finished walnut ring with B/W/B purfling.

Used same method to lay out rosette channel

Wood removed with chisel.

Next I sealed the channel with shellac, prebent purfling, assembled rosette then flooded with CA.

Rosette after levelling.

This ukulele will be made using the classical spanish heel type construction, so up next is the neck and bending the sides.
Looks awesome man Finish your other stuff first though man haha!

How are the pups going?
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Haha I know I should finish some stuff but i'm waiting on tools for other builds and I have everything i need for this here.

I'm definately going to wind the p'up on saturday. Sorry it's taken so long it's just been hard to find an hour to set aside to do it, i've been heaps busy.
That rosette is a bit sloppy, but i understand that that will be fixed later.

Good job,
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
The end closest to the nut will be completly covered by the fretboard so I didn't worry about perfect joints there, everything else is fine.

I don't know if i'm going to worry about a pickup for this, i'm trying not too spend much money on this, most stuff i'm using is stuff i've got around.
For this i'll use a hot pipe to bend the wood. On the acoustic i'm building i'm going to use a heating blanket.
Any progress on this?? Love to see it done as I'm an avid uke fan.
The Arsenal:

88/89 Fender HM Strat
Epiphone Valve Jr

Lag Winter series acoustic

Hohner Marine Band harmonica
I've done the back seam graft and layed out the braces. Not much is going to happen until the heat blanket system i've ordered arrives so I can bend the sides.

btw I've also bought enought queensland maple to do a all QM uke, so you may see that starting in the future.
Excellent. A build not dealing with a guitar or bass (not that theres anything wrong with those).

This should sound very nice actually with the walnut back n sides.

Btw what kind of blade is that, that you could cut the walnut by hand?
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Thanks.
The blade is just one of a bunch i've got for a hobby knife thing. I was surprised how well it cut the walnut, but it did take awhile. I've now upgraded to the stewmac dremel rossete routing jig.
Ahh touché, touché. Btw I just noticed this is a tenor which made me that much mroe excited. Id choose a tenor uke anyday.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Tenor ukes rock, especially when you have freakishly large but dainty hands.
The Arsenal:

88/89 Fender HM Strat
Epiphone Valve Jr

Lag Winter series acoustic

Hohner Marine Band harmonica