Poll: SG SPECIAL vs STANDARD
Poll Options
View poll results: SG SPECIAL vs STANDARD
SPECIAL
5 17%
STANDARD
24 83%
Voters: 29.
what is different between these guitars besides the price?
and which one is better?
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Yes, I would really like to know this too. From my understanding though, the pickups are covered in the standard and they are open in the special. Also the bridge pickup is a 498t rather than 490t which is in the special, other than that i am not sure of the difference.
Think of it like this...when we call people "special", we don't mean it in a good way, do we? Same with guitars. Special usually means cheaper.
Quote by SaulHudson
Think of it like this...when we call people "special", we don't mean it in a good way, do we? Same with guitars. Special usually means cheaper.

+1
And as the walls come down, and as I look in your eyes
my fear begins to fade, recalling all of the times
I have died, and will die.
It's all right. I don't mind.
yeah, basically what BadKarma said, and the special doesnt have the trapazoid inlays or the gloss paint job.

IMO, i like the special better since its basically the same without having to worry about messing up the paint job

EDIT: i should say that im talking about the special faded but with the normal special i guess it is the same as the standard, except the QC is probably no where near as good as on the standard
NOPE
Last edited by Nakon14 at Mar 1, 2007,
The Standard is better. Overall Specials feels like Epis while Standards are alot nicer and have alot better quality.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i know pickups r slighly diff but what about playablilty...is it worth an extra $1000 AUD? (not sure in other currencies...but standard is 3000 and special is 2000 here)
im going to get a sg just not 100% sure on what model
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
yeah. the playability difference is huge! the standard feels like a real "big boy" guitar and the special almost feels like a toy. don't take my word for it though - play them both! its worth the extra thousand IMO.