Hey, me and some friends were wondering about making our own alcohol. Now I dont mean like mixing a couple of drinks like JD and Coke or something like that, I mean actually making our own beer or cider, like homebrewing the stuff...

anyway, we're planning to do this in the next month or so.

have any of you guys done it? tried it? failed miserably?

Thanks.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Cool, but I think we're gonna do everything ourself...like no homebrew kits or anything like that...we just think it'l be more fun that way

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
do you think there is anyway to make it nice?

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
The only thing me and my friends ever made was homemade moonshine. I didn't have too much of a part in it, but basically water, yeast, and some corn based stuff (don't remember what though.) We made it in gallon water jugs. It turned out alright even though it was fairly week. Moonshine can be dangerous if it isn't made right. Tasted fairly decent.
Quote by Partyboy2k05
Moonshine can be dangerous if it isn't made right.

Yeah, methanol.
my cousin makes his own kahlua and beer. he currently has 10 gallons of kahlua and 2 kegs of beer made. the beer could be better but the kahlua is excellent
Ron Paul 2008
go easy on the amount of sugar you put in. you can make some spectacularly strong beer or moonshine by accident if you put too much in, especially as being homebrewed it can **** you up royally....and that may leave you with some very regrettable nights *shudder*
Got the spirit, but lose the feeling
i've recently made home brew cider. If you have somethng similar to the shop "Wilkinson" near you. they have kits there with everything you need to make the cider. it includes the fermenter. hydrometer, syfon tubing, the specific yeast u'll need. the yeast killer. the keg etc, even the apple concentrate to make it. Worked out pretty well got 40 pints of cider out of it.
My tips are to dont leave it to ferment for too long as it will have a strong flavour of yeast. thats pretty much it. Its good fun. good luck.