I'm thinking of saving up to have a bass custom made by Fender, but not sure how much it'll cost and if it'll be worth it or not. Any experiences?
If you want a custom bass then going with an individual luthier will probably be cheaper, plus just as good or better, then getting a large company to make a custom
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Getting something custom made by Fender will probably cost you an arm and a leg.

Getting something much more worthwhile from Warmoth won't cost you too much, AND you can make it look just like a custom Fender if you want.
warmoth and do a double neck
lol
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Well, you're in Australia, so a normal Fender USA costs you like 2k doesn't it? A Custom Shop will at it's lowest be around 2.5k USD, more if it's REALLY custom just for you, so think abouit it.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Well, you're in Australia, so a normal Fender USA costs you like 2k doesn't it? A Custom Shop will at it's lowest be around 2.5k USD, more if it's REALLY custom just for you, so think abouit it.

faints~
im getting one made soon its a 4 string idk how to explain it so ill get a pic when its done if u guys still wana see it =p
bass - That thing that goes bum bum bum.
Quote by Heartika
im getting one made soon its a 4 string idk how to explain it so ill get a pic when its done if u guys still wana see it =p

Yes please . How much is it going to cost you?
hey a real fender doesn't cost 2000 in australia, where 80 cents to your dollar, a mexican made active 4 string cost $1299 and a 5 string cost $1699 recomended retail price.
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
^ We're talking MIA Fenders, not Mexican.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
If you were english

http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/

is a good bet
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.