I'm doing market reasearch for botyh civics class and a future company. Please take the time to ansewer this survey.

1: Would you be willing to buy a Custom guitar, bass, amplitifer, effect pedal, or pickup online?

2: If so how much would you be willing to pay for such an item? Please list which Item your giving a pricefor (IE: If your stating how much you would pay for an effect pedal please say so)

3: Would having a guarantee that if there was anything you did not like you would be able to send it back and I would work with you to fix it and make it work for you, or that you would have a full refund (minus sales tax and shipping) effect your desision?

4: Would having a custom shop company that sells guitars in more then just the popular S, T, LP, J-bass, and P-bass styles, be something you would want to look into?

5: If so what other styles of guitars would you like to see?

6: What kind of features would you like? (IE FR, Piezco, Locking tuners, Nitro finish, etc)

(Yes, I did post this in GB&C, and I probally will post it in the Pit and The Bass forum aswell, as Im trying to get a good range of people ansewering.)
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
1: Would you be willing to buy a Custom guitar, bass, amplitifer, effect pedal, or pickup online?

Yeah sure.

2: If so how much would you be willing to pay for such an item? Please list which Item your giving a pricefor (IE: If your stating how much you would pay for an effect pedal please say so)

Guitar - about £1000-£2000 depending on demands.

3: Would having a guarantee that if there was anything you did not like you would be able to send it back and I would work with you to fix it and make it work for you, or that you would have a full refund (minus sales tax and shipping) effect your desision?

Probably not.

4: Would having a custom shop company that sells guitars in more then just the popular S, T, LP, J-bass, and P-bass styles, be something you would want to look into?

Yeah.

Probably superstrat types, like the jacksons and ibanezs, maybe hollowbodies and SGs?

6: What kind of features would you like? (IE FR, Piezco, Locking tuners, Nitro finish, etc)

Definately a floating trem!! (FR, ZR, Edge etc)
1. I would consider buying custom gear, however, without any reputation to prove the quality of the gear it'd have to be cheaper than the standard stuff available to justify the risk of buying something you don't know if its going to be good or shoddy.

2. effects pedals are probably what i'd be after, as i said, it'd have to be cheaper than stuff thats already on the market that i can get and 'know' what it'll sound like, that i can actually go to a shop and test.

3. that sort of guarantee would deffinately help things, the danger you're running here is that if someone buys something not knowing what it's going to sound like and don't like it, if they can't send it back they're not gonna come back and buy more from you.

4. Deffinately having more available than just the standard body shapes interests me, I own an ESP Viper because although its similar to an SG it's different enough to stand out. Recently i've been looking at Schecter guitars because many of their models are of a more interesting shape while remaining high quality instruments.

5. Just something different, something unique, the world does not need more strat shaped guitar models: FACT

6. Locking tuners would be a big plus, as would choice of pick ups, head stock shapes, colours and finnishes, inlays, binding/binding colour, location of selector switch/control knobs (i hate it when they're directly under the strings, hand rubs against volume knob while palm muting, sound goes down), I'm not too sure bout the FR myself (too much work) but you should deffinately make it available to those who want it.
If refrence to the 3'rd quesition, If I did start start this bussinese I would offer this garuntte.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
1: Yeah

2: 20-30% above standard prices

3: Of course.

4: Eh, maybe.

5: V shaped guitars.

6: 7 strings, 10/90 carbon/wood neck, 0th fret, fretless, scalloped necks, selection of pickups, stuff like what Vigier does. Oh, and killswitches.
Last edited by Jongpil Yun at Mar 1, 2007,

Yes

Depending on options and quality 20-30% over standard, as mentioned above

Of course. If there were no return/refund policy I would not buy from an online vendor. There is always a potential for getting a sub-par item.

Yes, since I am not into the s, t type guitars, having more options in styles would be necessary.

LP, PRS, V, Explorer, Firebird, whatever odd interesting shapes, as well as hollow and semi-hollow bodies

Custom finishes - Chamelion, mystichrome(auto), rubs, stains, flame jobs, stone finishes, airbrushing.

Variety of bridge options such as tune-o-matic with stop tail piece, string through, floyd rose, kahler, wilkinson, etc.

Various neck dimentions so you do not alienate any particular player (I like 50's style Gibson fat necks, big hands)
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Last edited by myMesa8mybrain at Mar 1, 2007,
1.) Maybe, I would like to test it out first though.
2.) Don't know
3.)Yes
4.)Yes
5.)V style w/ SSS pickups
6.)I want to be able to tell you exactly what I want and have it made like that, not premade bodies that only have HH style or SSS style pickup configs that make it so I can't pick and choose what I want.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
just in reference as to what i would like to see more of on guitars:better electronics.

its not hard to incorporate series/parrallel switching, phase swithching and coil taps in guitars and doing so increases the tones available from the guitar dramatically.
also i find rhythm/lead swithing MUCH more useful than ''volume per pickup'' guitars.

just my 2cents.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

1: Would you be willing to buy a Custom guitar, bass, amplitifer, effect pedal, or pickup online? Sure

2: If so how much would you be willing to pay for such an item? Please list which Item your giving a pricefor (IE: If your stating how much you would pay for an effect pedal please say so) Depends on what I'm buying, reasonable price (enough for you to make money, and me not to go broke lol) Probably no more that 3-4 K for the most expencive option available.

3: Would having a guarantee that if there was anything you did not like you would be able to send it back and I would work with you to fix it and make it work for you, or that you would have a full refund (minus sales tax and shipping) effect your desision? Hell Yeah

4: Would having a custom shop company that sells guitars in more then just the popular S, T, LP, J-bass, and P-bass styles, be something you would want to look into? YES!

5: If so what other styles of guitars would you like to see? FIREBIRD!!

The basics, Good trems, Locking tuners, and maybe some coil tapping and killswitches
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
I'm doing market reasearch for botyh civics class and a future company. Please take the time to ansewer this survey.

Yes, i'm gonna order from Carvin in a couple of months

depends on the options

yeah

yes of course

I'd like to see warlock shapes, double neck V shapes, Randy Rhoads shape..etc.

Locking tuners, double locking tremolo system, piezo acoustic built into tremolo, Poly finish, mahogany body, maple neck, active electronics, strap locks...and a bunch of other shit.

(Yes, I did post this in GB&C, and I probally will post it in the Pit and The Bass forum aswell, as Im trying to get a good range of people ansewering.)
Seems fun...Okay, I'll do it!

-Yeah, I have done that before, but I really wouldn't buy a custom online...or shipped, that just scares the heck out of me! Glad the guitar I got from the internet turned out great!

-Depends on the item...

-For me, no because I'm in the outer states (Hawaii) So sending it there and back will just cost me more and more money...

-Sure, why not?

-Not really, I'm still overwhelmed on how much of a line up there is now!

-Everything you said, OFR's, strap locks, straps, slides, picks, tuners, pedals, guitars, amps, etc...

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
1. Yes, if/when I have the money.

2. 25% or so over compairable "standard" petals assuming we can send it back and forth to fine tune it to my wants/needs/desires.

3. That'd definently improve my confidence

4. Yeah...

5. Jags, Cyclones, etc. are just too cool to leave out. That and you could offer a thing where a person could send you drawings and you could design a guitar based on that and their specs. You'd obviously have to a lot of paper-pushing that way but you could charge a premium. Oh and off a Les Paul with a maple fret board, because I've always wanted one. :p

6. Guitar features:
*Bigsby or Floyd Rose Trem setups with locking tuners (optional)
*Gotoh or Grover tuners as selected by the buyer (they only take like 15 minutes to install so offer the options)
*Phase switching for pickups
*Tap Coil
*Cut off switch
*Choice of tone/volume nob configeration (personally I like universal tone & volume best)
Petals:
True bypass is a must, no matter what the effect or cost of the petal!