I think it's time for a Vanessa Carlton thread. I don't think i've ever made one and to be quite honest, I don't know why - quite shocked, really (i've been a fan since her first release, Be Not Nobody in 2001/2). Most of you guys know her for her first single, A Thousand Miles.
Well, to put a long story short, I, for good few years have appreciated other sorts of music. I've gotten really, really bored of rock music (and I don't think I ever will go back) in the past year or so. My appreciation for acoustic-pop/rock/alternative has grown such a lot and matured over the past year. I'm now more inclined to listen to bands and artists with obvious talent - artists and bands who you know can play whatever instrument they're playing: Vanessa Carlton is one of them. One amazing piano player and she's probably the best on the scene. If you listen to the scope of her albums (she has three - Rinse EP: a rare gem, Be Not Nobody and Harmonius), you realise she's a true talent. I recommend you get some of her albums, she does a few covers including a Rolling Stones one - Paint it black. She became a commercial success after her first album, however, her second album flopped for whatever reason. I and other Nessaholics consider it as a great record, although Nessa did say the reason why it probably flopped was because she moved more into the territory of alternative rather than pop as well as her label doing, "a crap job promoting it". Since her second album, Harmonius, she has become somewhat non-existent. Most people don't even know she released a second album. Well, they will after they hear her upcoming third album.

Anyway, her new album, Heroes and Thieves (set to release this year in Spring), has become somewhat of an anticipation among "Nessaholics". She's played a little over 5 new tracks live and some studio versions and they are honestly the best tracks I've heard from her, ever. Here are some Youtube videos of her songs:

House
This Time

Fans? Please listen to them from the top. If you really are insecure about pop music, don't post. Keep in mind, this isn't trash pop. It's bordering between pop and alternative. I love her lots . Feedback and comments from the songs above and her others in general, are appreciated.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Sep 3, 2007,
Your username O_o

Lol, I was thinking of Vanessa Mae when I saw the thread title.

Thousand Miles is a brilliant pop song, but none of those other songs were that great IMO.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Your username O_o

Lol, I was thinking of Vanessa Mae when I saw the thread title.

Thousand Miles is a brilliant pop song, but none of those other songs were that great IMO.

. Yeah, it has changed. Wahappen let me change it so i'm eternally grateful, but thank you for the comments though. A Thousand Miles is a great track and consequently, the track most people know her from. She's much more than that I think. I pretty actually suprised in a way, Frenchy. I thought you'd hate all this pop stuff.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
. Yeah, it has changed. Wahappen let me change it so i'm eternally grateful, but thank you for the comments though. A Thousand Miles is a great track and consequently, the track most people know her from. She's much more than that I think. I pretty actually suprised in a way, Frenchy. I thought you'd hate all this pop stuff.

Generally I do

Some really great pop songs out there though, Natalie Imbruglia - Torn for example. But for every one of them, there's a hundred I can't stand.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Generally I do

Some really great pop songs out there though, Natalie Imbruglia - Torn for example. But for every one of them, there's a hundred I can't stand.

Well said. . Unfortunately, Natalie is one I don't really like, although I wouldn't call her trash pop. You may find this a little stupid, I know I do sometimes, but I only listen to artists who play their own instruments. I don't know, it's just a thing I have.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Bumped again?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

All I've heard from her is her Paint It Black cover.

Didn't do much for me, but she probably has many better (original) tracks anyways. Perhaps I'll Youtube her sometime.
The intro to 'A thousand miles' was the only thing I could ever play on the piano, even then I messed up and forgot it. Still think that's a great pop song though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
The intro to 'A thousand miles' was the only thing I could ever play on the piano, even then I messed up and forgot it. Still think that's a great pop song though.

I really need to learn some shit on piano...

But I'm gonna DL "A Thousand Miles" right now, It's a great song

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
While you're at it, download "Rinse" and "Ordinary Day"
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Oh cool some more people. I have all of her albums, please consider getting them.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

BUMP. Come on guys. She's just only very recently released her first single of her third album, Nolita Fairytale. I've had the Promo version for about 3/4 months now.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

vanessa carlton is an amazing songwriter and piano player. i know everyone likes "a thousand miles", but my favorite song of hers is "ordinary day". i saw her new video for "nolita fairytale" one morning before i went to school, it's pretty good, i like it. but i think that if she wants to get on top, she should probably make a better come back.
Quote by Invisible Girl
vanessa carlton is an amazing songwriter and piano player. i know everyone likes "a thousand miles", but my favorite song of hers is "ordinary day". i saw her new video for "nolita fairytale" one morning before i went to school, it's pretty good, i like it. but i think that if she wants to get on top, she should probably make a better come back.

\0 \0 \0

Her new album comes out on October 9th. I've been waiting for 2 years and a bit! My favourite of hers too is Ordinary Day. I have the original which is a little different and its called Divide And Conquer. The chorus goes like this, "We will Divide and Conquer this land" instead of "Feel the dreams in the palm of your hand". If you want her rare stuff and other new unreeased tracks, give me a shout. I'll be glad.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤