Hi,

I was wondering about what a good tube-amp from epiphne would be, is the valve junior head any good and versitaile? Any comments for any tube amp by epiphone is appreciated!
That newish Blues Custom looks cool.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Valve Junior is awesome! Sounds like a vintage tube amp, perfect for classic rock!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The new 50 cal sounds pretty good too. I'd check it out. Guitar World did a review on it a few issues back...
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
does the valve junior have clean and overdrive (or at least some gain)? I mean you don't have to use a lot of pedals 'n' stuff in order to get like a zeppelin tone or something like that.
Well the Valve Junior only has a volume control. To get distortion you do as you should on vintage tube amps:
Crank the volume. This causes the amp to distort. From cranking it you will easly achive the Led Zep tone.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

If we just compare the head version and the combo, do they sound anything like eachother, if not: which is the better?
Quote by Der Bomber
If we just compare the head version and the combo, do they sound anything like eachother, if not: which is the better?

The one with the better speakers.
What cabinet will be best suited for this? And how to go about testing speakers for this?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
What cabinet will be best suited for this? And how to go about testing speakers for this?
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by hendo123456789
Why is there 3 of you? Why is there 3 of you? Why is there 3 of you?

Sorry....anyway...I'd say just use a Marshall cab. Some people complain about them but its a pretty standard way to see which one sounds better. A lot of people use Marshall cabs, but if you cant get your hands on one just use anything you can find....as long as you use the same speakers for both.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
i'd say the VJ is good (especially for the price); however, it's not particularly versatile. Classic rock is its main tone, maybe with a little british blues thrown in.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh that happend by mistake. I kept get in a message I cant post now. Sorry.

I've heard that ur sound n tone depends on the cabinet as well. So what are the various types n what tones do they cater to?
Quote by hendo123456789
^There are loads of cabinets out there. A 2x12 would be very good for it. Celestion G12M (Greenbacks) would fit it very well, because of their vintage voicing and pretty low power.

Check these out:
www.avatarspeakers.com
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
^Basically it can do mostly all vintage tones.

yeah.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Umm dont u have to go shopping for a cabinet and speakers separately?
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by invincibleneo
Umm dont u have to go shopping for a cabinet and speakers separately?

No, most cabinets come with speakers.
Sent from my iPad.
^ yeah, most cabs come with speakers already. unless you buy an unloaded cab (but that should be specified before purchase).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
But when I was speaking to jj1565 on this issue she was talking about getin a cabinet separately and speakes seprately. She said the wood and stuff matter for the tone.

So if I buy Celestion Speaker it would come with a cab?
Quote by hendo123456789
^Well their not that different volume wise really, but the Greenbacks has pretty low power rating, meaning the distort the quickest.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by invincibleneo
But when I was speaking to jj1565 on this issue she was talking about getin a cabinet separately and speakes seprately. She said the wood and stuff matter for the tone.

So if I buy Celestion Speaker it would come with a cab?

no, i meant that if you buy, say, a marshall cab, it'll have speakers in it already.

that place jenny bought from was the exception, lol.

Quote by suckasucks
which celestion speaker has the lowest volume??

go to the celestion website, and click on the guitar speakers- the sensitivity/efficiency, measured in db, is what you want- the lower the number, the quieter the speaker. I think the greenback is among the lowest volume (based on spec).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what's ur budget again? i mean u can get an avatar cab. speakers in there already.

if u can afford a more expensive cab that's great too. u can always use it for ur next amp head.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
They're pretty expensive??

Will it this combo of an Epi VJ+Avatar Cabinet like G112 with Celestion Speaker be better overall compared to a VoxAd15VT(Excluding Vox effects).

I mean tone quality wise
Quote by hendo123456789
Last edited by invincibleneo at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
what's ur budget again? i mean u can get an avatar cab. speakers in there already.

if u can afford a more expensive cab that's great too. u can always use it for ur next amp head.

Who are you referring to, me or other people?
^oh sorry, i didnt realize they were talking over ur thread.

i guess to help answer ur question.
i like the head better because the 3 choices in ohms output, make it a more versatile amp.
it doesnt od unless you crank it past 2-3 o'clock. it's a vintage sound, and
yes, ull want to use pedals with it to get anything heavier out of it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^ mine starts to od at about 10 o'clock... it really depends on pickups, speaker etc., and what you call od. But yeah, you won't get much heavier than classic rock out of it without some mods or pedals.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^yeah, ur right. mine starts closer to 10-11o'clock. i meant the sweet spot is about 2 o'clock on mine.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

All of this makes me realize that I will have to persoanlly try it out. Which just SUX because I live in India where I jave to pay 10% extra of anything I buy because none of the companies are present here. My only source of gear is some shops with strictly limited variety with crazy price tag!!

I SSOOOOOO HAAATTTEEEE IIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by invincibleneo
All of this makes me realize that I will have to persoanlly try it out. Which just SUX because I live in India where I jave to pay 10% extra of anything I buy because none of the companies are present here. My only source of gear is some shops with strictly limited variety with crazy price tag!!

I SSOOOOOO HAAATTTEEEE IIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha!

You think Indias prices are rough if they are 10% more? You should see the prices in Sweden, A standard Fender Stratocaster costs about $695.
Quote by jj1565
^yeah, ur right. mine starts closer to 10-11o'clock. i meant the sweet spot is about 2 o'clock on mine.

aye, about that. any more and it starts sounding a bit rough.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Der Bomber
Hahahahaha!

You think Indias prices are rough if they are 10% more? You should see the prices in Sweden, A standard Fender Stratocaster costs about $695.

Seriously? I'm getting mine for $380 US or so.
Rough = Bad tone? or High Distortion?
Quote by hendo123456789
^ yeah, worse tone (at least in that instance)... it starts sounding a bit unstable, starts farting out on the lower notes, etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?