Hey all!

I'm wanting to upgrade my s**tty DELL 2.1 speakers to a better set, they are for my desktop and I have a Soundblaster ZS Platinum Pro Soundcard installed at the moment.

I have looked at the Logitech X-230 set and they seem pretty decent, are there any others I should look at for about £40 (about $70)?

Spanks

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
check out creatives 2.1 systems. you could find some there. they are really good
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by guitaristclass
Hey all!

I'm wanting to upgrade my s**tty DELL 2.1 speakers to a better set, they are for my desktop and I have a Soundblaster ZS Platinum Pro Soundcard installed at the moment.

I have looked at the Logitech X-230 set and they seem pretty decent, are there any others I should look at for about £40 (about $70)?

Spanks

Ash

That's the speakers I have. I like them, but I haven't compared them to anything other than laptop speaker and normal computer speakers.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by backtothe70s
check out creatives 2.1 systems. you could find some there. they are really good

They dont score as well as the Logitechs in sound quality (the ones in my price range anyway). Thanks for your suggestion though.

Quote by FrenchyFungus
That's the speakers I have. I like them, but I haven't compared them to anything other than laptop speaker and normal computer speakers.

And how do they compare? Or do you mean the Dell ones?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
They dont score as well as the Logitechs in sound quality (the ones in my price range anyway). Thanks for your suggestion though.

And how do they compare? Or do you mean the Dell ones?

Well, ANYTHING beats laptop speakers
And by "normal computer speakers" I mean 2.0, so obviously having a sub is an instant advantage.

They're not as good as my headphones, but they did also cost £40.

I'm really happy with them.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Ah right, so what soundcard do you have? Or is it a standard fitted one? I have some Sennhieser HD212pros and I use them when im monitering but whn i play games and listen to music I dont really like having headphones on when I dont need to.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
I just have the soundcard that came with my laptop.

I rarely use headphones with my laptop either, only with my Minidisc, but the quality is certainly comparable

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez