I just bought a Jazzmaster and want to get rid of the buzz. I know that replacing the bridge with a Mustang bridge will help, but would just changing out the saddles to Mustang or Graph-Tech saddles work too? When you replace the entire bridge, you have to wrap the bridge posts with electrical tape to get it to stay in and I really want everything to fit as it should without ghetto-rigging it. I'd really appreciate any help here. Thanks.
I have the graphtech string savers for my jag, work great, I didnt bother with taping the bridge, because the buzz I had found came from the screws in the saddles themselves being too small to grip the thread properly. The string savers where fine. However it may be different for you. I wouldn't bother with taping it just yet unlees you find problems later on, the bridge is supposed to move with the trem.
I've got some people recommending the Buzzstop on the trem. Does anyone here have any experience with these?
The trem for that guitar is already a nightmare... I'd say take it to a professional, But someone would charge you an arm and a leg to get that certin guitar set up - More so you would have to look for someone who knew what he/she was doing.
yeah really do take it to a pro,cos then its his responsibility to make sure it holds tune perfectly and the vibrato works perfect too.

seriously you WILL drive yourself insane tryin to set up a jazzmaster yourself unless you are Leo Fender reincarnated.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
yeah really do take it to a pro,cos then its his responsibility to make sure it holds tune perfectly and the vibrato works perfect too.

seriously you WILL drive yourself insane tryin to set up a jazzmaster yourself unless you are Leo Fender reincarnated.

Amen, Brudda.
Thankfully, I'm pretty tight with the local guitar tech and if I show up with the stuff already installed, he usually does the rest for no charge. Plus, I think he'd love to see a Jazzmaster. Around here, nobody has any cool "vintage"-style guitars....its all metal here. Still, its a huge departure from the usual Tele's that I play.
its good that you know the guy.i know a guy quite well and he builds and repairs etc lots of guitars and he always does an amazing job.i sometimes feel bad cos hes so nice and he charges almost nothing aside from materials he has to get.

if you know the guy he will most likely put the effort in to do a good job for you.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Definitely.....and Buzz, I'm sorry for arguing with you last week on the Gear Ads site. I just got some sand in my vagina and was being a total queen.

Thanks for your advice guys!