does anyone know or think the type of guitar cable you use makes much difference in youre sound
ibanez rocks
Absolutely! Get Monster Cables if you can afford them. I like asking for them for Christmas because I hate dropping a ton of money on cables because, let's face it, it isn't a very exciting purchase.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa 412 slant cab
Monster Power Pro 2500 Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Force
SKG Rack Case
Yamaha acoustic
it would be cord not chord just to let you know and monster cables are good
A good cable is one that makes no difference to your sound whatsoever, so that the signal at the output of your preamp/guitar/mic/keyboard/amp or whatever is the same as the signal that arrives at your amp, headphones or speaker.

It should be well shielded (not pick up any interferance), have no tiny little breaks in the connection or wiring that cause clicks pops and dropouts.

I'm playing a strat now with a cheap bit of cable and if I lay it across the keyboard, the amp buzzes in time with my keystrokes.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
The cord makes the most impact on your sound (for the price anyway)! Get decent ones that have gold contacts, they should also be flexible and AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE.
The difference they make is highly overrated. But if you must spend 50 dollars on a guitar cable, monster cable, lava, planet waves, etc. are all top quality brands.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Planet waves is what i use, it's goot because it's got the little spring type things on the jack, so it is really connected and aint randomly falling out
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
george L cables ftw!
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns