I'm looking at adding a modded Tube Screamer to the family. The companies I am looking at are MohoMods, Keeley, or Analog Man. Do any of you have a TS9 modded from any of these companies? If so, what are you thoughts on them, and also if you could state what gear you are playing it through that would help as well. Thanks alot!!
Do you already have a TS9? If not, you should just go one which doesn't need mods; like the Fulltone Full-drive II.
I would be buying it new...I guess I just don't know much about those fulldrives...I've heard a lot of good things about them though. I probably just assumed a tube screamer cause I know they're good. The thing that stinks is that I would be buying these pretty much blind cause I can't really test a fulldrive anywhere nor one of those modded tube screamers.
I own a Keeley OD9 which I love for boosting. I scored it for cheap though, otherwise I would have done the mods myself. Most of the aftermarket TS mods are overpriced for what they are. My OD9 is modded to Original 808 specs and sounds fantastic. Testdrive an 808 to get the picture.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by joining_heads
Testdrive an 808 to get the picture.

^ +1

Maxon OD808 or Ibananez TS808. These pedals will sound very close to any modded TS9. The mods seem all to be based on the 808. Any difference will be subjective, if there's any noticable difference at all.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
^ +1

Maxon OD808 or Ibananez TS808. These pedals will sound very close to any modded TS9. The mods seem all to be based on the 808. Any difference will be subjective, if there's any noticable difference at all.

Are you referring to the reissue TS-808?
Quote by tstrebeck
Are you referring to the reissue TS-808?

Yes. I have it, and it's a very nice pedal. The Maxon's cheaper, and supposed to sound closer to the original, so it's certainly worth trying out if you can find one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by tstrebeck
I would be buying it new...I guess I just don't know much about those fulldrives...I've heard a lot of good things about them though. I probably just assumed a tube screamer cause I know they're good. The thing that stinks is that I would be buying these pretty much blind cause I can't really test a fulldrive anywhere nor one of those modded tube screamers.

The Fulldrive is a tube screamer:

"Fulltone Fulldrive 2: Basically a TS-808 (complete with input/output buffer sections), with additional boost mode, asymmetrical clipping (like Boss), comp-cut and flat mids mode, plus true bypass. Yes, that sounds like a lot of changes, but at its core, the circuit is a TS-808"

From http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/ts9.htm, you should read this page.
Quote by mr_hankey
The Fulldrive is a tube screamer:

"Fulltone Fulldrive 2: Basically a TS-808 (complete with input/output buffer sections), with additional boost mode, asymmetrical clipping (like Boss), comp-cut and flat mids mode, plus true bypass. Yes, that sounds like a lot of changes, but at its core, the circuit is a TS-808"

From http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/ts9.htm, you should read this page.

VERY nice! Thank you. I think I'm gonna go with the Fulldrive, it's got a good reputation and now I know it's basically a TS. I like that fact that it has extra boost channel too. One day I may just get a TS-808 just to have one, cause they look so cool......and heck, a Tube Screamer's a Tube screamer.

Thanks again
Quote by tstrebeck
VERY nice! Thank you. I think I'm gonna go with the Fulldrive, it's got a good reputation and now I know it's basically a TS. I like that fact that it has extra boost channel too. One day I may just get a TS-808 just to have one, cause they look so cool......and heck, a Tube Screamer's a Tube screamer.

Thanks again

Read the link I gave you though, it lists some other copy's as well.