Ok so ive been looking around and im still debating on what kind of amp i should get

I need somthing thats

~Tube
~$550 or less
~enough power to play at small gigs
~isnt a pos

I waw looking at the Peavey 112 Valve King any ideas on if thats decent or not?

and also this will be my first tube amp and i was wondering is 50w on a tube amp should be plenty to play some small gigs right?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It's $600 new though. But for what you're wanting I think it would be perfect. Great, great amp.
Quote by tstrebeck
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It's $600 new though. But for what you're wanting I think it would be perfect. Great, great amp.

X2
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
a valve king would be great. also how about an ashdown fallen angel. im not too sure of prices but check out ebay for some good deals.

50W all valve will be plenty for small gigs
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe as stated above. Love it, and it would be perfect for your type of music
Quote by AC/DC ROCKS!!!
and also this will be my first tube amp and i was wondering is 50w on a tube amp should be plenty to play some small gigs right?

The good news is that 30W tube can handle small gigs. Or even 15W, especially if you're not looking for clean headroom. If you take your money to the used market, you could probably pick up something like the Peavey Classic 30 or 50 for under $400. I've also seen Fender Hot Rod's in that price range.

I'm not a fan of the Valveking. I am a fan of spending less and getting more.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
classic 30-yes, traynor-yes .HRD-no. Had one the distortion is cheesy, my Vox sounds much better. How about a used Kustom coupe 36? I feel the valveking is a pos compared to the others.
Quote by AC/DC ROCKS!!!
mostly ac/dc, metallica, Led Zeppelin, jimi hendrix, guns n roses and some otehr classic rock

Common denominator? Marshall!!!

Look for a Marshall tube combo 2nd hand, they can be had for that kind of money. A JCM800 would be ideal.
Quote by fredgarvin
classic 30-yes, traynor-yes .HRD-no. Had one the distortion is cheesy, my Vox sounds much better. How about a used Kustom coupe 36? I feel the valveking is a pos compared to the others.

I would definitely have to disagree. I own a Fender HRD and a Vox AC15 and I much prefer the Fender. Sounds much better with my Gretsch Tennessee Rose & Les Paul....don't know about a Strat or a Tele though...I would still assume the HRD.

EDIT: of course this all depends on what you want from it. In my experience the HRD has a much warmer sound, which is what I like. My Vox is a bit punchier