Im planning on buying an AC30CC2 tomorrow and i was wondering, could i use an ABY switch to switch between the two channels on it? I thought it would be handy because i could have one channel overdriven and the other clean and be able to switch between them...Would this work? also would the A/B/Y switch suck my tone?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Last edited by Bossman123 at Mar 1, 2007,
a good A/B/Y box shouldn't suck tone, but I don't know if changing between inputs would make that much of a difference to warrant an A/B/Y box. You would probably get more of a difference by switching the pick-ups on your guitar and/or rolling the volume knob back
Quote by Gutch220
a good A/B/Y box shouldn't suck tone, but I don't know if changing between inputs would make that much of a difference to warrant an A/B/Y box. You would probably get more of a difference by switching the pick-ups on your guitar and/or rolling the volume knob back

well ya, i know that changing inputs wouldn't make that much of a difference but the idea is that one input would be clean and the other would be overdriven so that i could switch between clean and overdriven...know what i mean?

EDIT: also could anyone reccomend any good a/b/y switches
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Last edited by Bossman123 at Mar 1, 2007,
you can try it and see if you like it............. just make sure one input doesn't bypass the other....I will try it out later to see what happens. Otherwise, the Whirlwind A/B Selector is awesome
Quote by Gutch220
you can try it and see if you like it............. just make sure one input doesn't bypass the other....I will try it out later to see what happens. Otherwise, the Whirlwind A/B Selector is awesome

Thanks man!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2