Not quite sure if this is the right forum?

Alright so our band will be doing its first gig fairly soon, and while thinking things through I thought, where should the amps go? I was thinking in front of us to minimise feedback and let us hear the rest of the band better rather than just ourselves.

Or maybe to the side?

Or what seems to be the most common thing, behind you.

Cheers.
^like said. what amps, is it a high indoor stage? how large a venue?

and this might not matter too much if they are going to rush u on and off to make way for several bands, or have limited places to plug into.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you put the amp in front, you always think its too quiet 'cos you can't hear the sound its projecting out. Side sorta deafeats the purpose of it, crowd can't hear as well. Behind tends to be the best spot if youve not got headphones, earpieces or anything you'd have in a pro gig.

Btw, if your amps are small, try leaning them against something big and hollow. You'll get more of a bass sound out of 'em. But only do this if you have to. Im talking if you have 15~20w amps here.

P.s Sorry to insult you if your amps are bigger than that.

EDIT: Oh, you just said what amp it is. Forget about the hollow thing then.
Awesome, Guy. I'd go single stack, Face it out towards the crowd but STAY STILL. When you walk infront of a speaker that effects tone. Feedback? It's a massive marshall, You're going to have to suck that up. It won't sound good without just cranking it and listening to sound, Not resonations. Facing it towards a wall will make the amp quieter, But it will more than likely cause more rattle. Depending on the house size, Put a blanket under the cabinet between the floor and the casters and between the cabinet and the head - This will prevent tube sounds. As for your guitar, Tweak with your volume knob ( on the guitar ) A little, Or stay away from your amp. ( Which is going to take a little toll on your sustain. You want feedback, It makes the world go round. =D ) Curiousity killed me, Though - That' the DSL with the 100watt Four EL34 Powerstage, Yeah?
Quote by jj1565
^like said. what amps, is it a high indoor stage? how large a venue?

and this might not matter too much if they are going to rush u on and off to make way for several bands, or have limited places to plug into.

Theres no rush as we own the venue haha, we happen to have a rich drummer so we're going round hers and most likely clearing her garage out (the bottom floor anyway) and playing in there. Its a bigger garage than most but compared to other venues its smallish so I imagine it'll get loud in there?