well i just found out the guitar i've owned for the last 10 years is a Fender Skylark. i've never heard of this make of fender and had a hell of a time finding out that it really is a fender. i would be disappointed if it didn't sound so d@mn good (fenders not generally known to be a metal guitar) anybody have any ideas where i might be able to find more info on my guitar? if anyone knows anything about this make and model please let me know, thanks!

-z
iv never heard of that either and i would say i know a fair amount about old fender models including their more obscure ones.

get some pics up and ill have a look but right now im baffeled!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

i wish i had a digi cam..... i might see if i can get someone up here @ work to take a pic tomorrow or something. i found a website that makes custom fender skylarks but i was really just wondering if anyone had ever heard of these or might know where i can go to get more info on them. from what i understand they're expensive but i dunno if mines a low end model or what (how old it is or anything about it really, except that its neck thru and sounds SWEET) check out

http://www.gguitars.com/al13585.html

which is essentially my guitar with a few exceptions, mine doesn't have the engraving around the edge of the guitar, the headstock is a little different, mine has a rhythm/lead switch on it, the bridge is a little different, it has different pickups and is 22 fret, not 24..... oh yeah and mines ruby red.... so maybe not quite the same, physically though it looks alot like it though
hmmmmm.....are you SURE its a Fender you have??
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
hmmmmm.....are you SURE its a Fender you have??

I was thinking the same thing. Where did you get fender from?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
well i googled it and fender skylark showed up in several places, but i looked and i think yer right, i think the mfg is alembic? anyone ever heard of these guys? their guitars are pretty good
Here are the guitars Wikipedia lists as made by Fender, and the Skylark is not on there.

Electric guitars

* Fender Broadcaster
* Fender Jaguar
* Fender Jag-Stang - co-created with Kurt Cobain
* Fender Jazzmaster
* Fender LTD
* Fender Mustang
* Fender Prodigy
* Fender Stratocaster
o Buddy Guy Polka Dot Stratocaster
o Eric Clapton Stratocaster
o Eric Johnson Stratocaster
o Jeff Beck Stratocaster
o Jimmie Vaughan Tex-Mex Stratocaster
o John Mayer Stratocaster
o Mark Knopfler Stratocaster
o Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster
o Robert Cray Standard Stratocaster
o Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster
o Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster

* Stratocaster XII
* Fat Strat
* Fender Telecaster
o Fender Telecaster Custom
o Fender Telecaster Deluxe
o J5 Telecaster
o Fender Telecaster Squire
o Fender Telesonic

Discontinued Models:

* Fender Bronco
* Fender Bullet
* Fender Contemporary Stratocaster Japan
* Fender Custom
* Fender Cyclone (a Squier model is available)
* Fender Duo-Sonic
* Fender Electric XII
* Fender HM Strat USA/Japan
* Fender Lead Series
* Fender Katana
* Fender Musicmaster
* Fender Performer
* Fender Showmaster
* Fender Starcaster
* Fender Swinger
* Fender Toronado
Man... Fender Skylark showed up because the Skylark is a model made by Buick (as in, car company), and the fenders for it are somewhat sought for.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
soooo.....you have an alembic then??

congratulations you are now relatively wealthy!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by ShadowSpectrum
Here are the guitars Wikipedia lists as made by Fender, and the Skylark is not on there.

Electric guitars

* Fender Broadcaster
* Fender Jaguar
* Fender Jag-Stang - co-created with Kurt Cobain
* Fender Jazzmaster
* Fender LTD
* Fender Mustang
* Fender Prodigy
* Fender Stratocaster
o Buddy Guy Polka Dot Stratocaster
o Eric Clapton Stratocaster
o Eric Johnson Stratocaster
o Jeff Beck Stratocaster
o Jimmie Vaughan Tex-Mex Stratocaster
o John Mayer Stratocaster
o Mark Knopfler Stratocaster
o Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster
o Robert Cray Standard Stratocaster
o Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster
o Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster

* Stratocaster XII
* Fat Strat
* Fender Telecaster
o Fender Telecaster Custom
o Fender Telecaster Deluxe
o J5 Telecaster
o Fender Telecaster Squire
o Fender Telesonic

Discontinued Models:

* Fender Bronco
* Fender Bullet
* Fender Contemporary Stratocaster Japan
* Fender Custom
* Fender Cyclone (a Squier model is available)
* Fender Duo-Sonic
* Fender Electric XII
* Fender HM Strat USA/Japan
* Fender Lead Series
* Fender Katana
* Fender Musicmaster
* Fender Performer
* Fender Showmaster
* Fender Starcaster
* Fender Swinger
* Fender Toronado

That's incomplete.
It's missing some signature models; the STRAT; the Big Apple; and probably some others too.
Quote by mr_hankey
That's incomplete.
It's missing some signature models; the STRAT; the Big Apple; and probably some others too.

The Fender "Strat" was part of Fender's efforts in the Heavy Metal range (HM), and is called the HM Strat.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
sorry for the tripple but once again the 10000 character limit stopped me...

Thats a lot of guitars... No skylark though.
    jesus christ that is a lot of guitars

yes pretty much confirmed, i have an alembic.... i'm definately keeping it (aside from the monetary value of it, it has great sentimental value to it as well) i read up, turns out they're high end jazz guitars. which i must say is kinda funny since i use it for metal (and it works REALLY well for it) remember kiddos keep your eyes open in the pawn shops, i got mine for $150 about 10 years ago, im assuming the pawn shop had no clue what they were buying. i lucked out and trusted my ears when i bought it, turns out my ears didn't fail me.
    does the headstock say its a alembic?,if not ibanez used to make a guitar similar to the model you showed...http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1978-Ibanez-Artist-Custom-2710-Below-Book_W0QQitemZ150097168751QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just an idea,even if your 100% sure it is,its jus sumpthan i felt like i could say...and wow i didnt no fender had that many guitar models or series....
    What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
    ^ That is one hot Ibanez. Geez, back in the 70s Ibanez seemed to have made everything going at the time. Apparently they're real top notch copies too (hence all the lawsuits)
    Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
    well.... it says neither ibanez or alembic on the headstock
    just Skylark and but the body style does resemble mine, with the 2 natural stripes running thru the middle
    AWWWWWW, I FOUND IT!!!

its not an alembic though....

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/skylark/skylark_info.html

scroll down and check out the red guitar in the middle, thats mine.... still sounds sweet though....
    I was about to flame you for being so damn lucky... but now, not so much.

/not flame

I think that all you need to with your guitars is enjoy them, so congrats still.
    My Blog
    New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
    Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
    ^ it is, sounds sweet too (if you look at the specs you'll see its made from some decent wood) pickups are good, everythings good, i was just hoping it was a rare find or something. more searching on that page reveals that some earlier washburns, epiphones and arias were made by the same guy who made my guitar so i figure its some kinda aria-wash-epi bastard child.

# Fender Danny Gatton Telecaster
    # Fender Dan Smith Stratocaster
    # Fender Deluxe Archtop Telecaster

Thats a lot of guitars... No skylark though.

Where is this list from? It's not completely correct. No Big Apple strat (I probably just missed it though), and there was never a model called the Dan Smith, it was just a 'nickname' for strat from a certain period ('82-'83 I beleive), and the whole thing with all the Hendrix inspired strats.
    It would seem there has been a lot of silliness on eBay over these guitars. Let me make something perfectly clear. THIS IS NOT A $700 OR $800+ GUITAR! That is just pure silliness.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this? How does this guy know how much the guitar is worth? Wouldn't a guitar that old be worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it?
    I don't like how the writer says "silliness" twice. It makes it sound like he/she is writing this for 5 year olds.

But seriously, they look like fine, upstanding guitars. I'd pay 700 for one, assuming it was in good condition.
    Will says:
    DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
    - SmarterChild - says:
    I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
    i'd pay 700 for the alembic.
    Quote by corduroyEW
    Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!