i have a dean dimeblade and have been gettin a gr8 sound from the stock dean pickup... but was thinkin tht i would benifit a lot from putting an emg-81 on it (its a single pickup guitar)

would this greatly improve the sound??

any help would be gr8 (Y)
Quote by obliteration
i have a dean dimeblade and have been gettin a gr8 sound from the stock dean pickup... but was thinkin tht i would benifit a lot from putting an emg-81 on it (its a single pickup guitar)

would this greatly improve the sound??

any help would be gr8 (Y)

I was thinking that you would benefit from a few english lessons, or at least a few hours with a dictionary

Putting better pickups in a guitar should improve it's sound yes, but it depends how much it improves and if you're willing to fork out for it. Just try a guitar out that has EMG 81's in, see if it sounds good for you.
Quote by AceOfBlades
I was thinking that you would benefit from a few english lessons, or at least a few hours with a dictionary

Putting better pickups in a guitar should improve it's sound yes, but it depends how much it improves and if you're willing to fork out for it. Just try a guitar out that has EMG 81's in, see if it sounds good for you.

I didn't see anything wrong with his grammar. Yeah, he used the "internet" shortcuts and what not. But, the first part of your post was arrogant and very unnecessary. We're here to talk about gear, not to be dicks.

i didnt take offence to this lol... but i am doin very well in english in school at the moment
Tone is all subjective... so if you LIKE it might be one thing.

However, EMG make quality pickups and they're pretty much dead silent when installed properly.

They're pretty nice, so if you like the sound it would definitely be an upgrade over stock pickups.
If you're getting a "gr8" soud from it why do you want to change the pickup? Just blindly installing EMG's or any other pickup isn't a particularly good idea....you need to identify a what you like about your sound, which bits the pickup is accounting for and choose accordingly. If you like your sound because it's big and bassy you don't want to inadvertently buy a treble-heavy pickup. Also, what amp do you have - you're guitar is only ever as good as you're amp, and if it's not great you're wasting your money buying pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com