i went into my music store today (long and mcquade) and i saw the best guitar ever made.

it was an american standard strat....with built in tone changer(u could choose whether it was a strat, tele, humbucker, or acoustic)

there was also a knob to pick wich tuning u can use, you tune it to eadgbe, then turn the knob and its in drop D!, or etc

once you pick the tone, the other tone knob becomes the reverb knob

it uses batterys tho, but if you dont use the batterys , its still a perfect american standard strat
Quote by XaosKnight
I quote myself
How much was it...? And was it a legit fender? I've never heard of anything like that...except for on amps, of course.
its a colaberation between roland and fender i think
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
omg that looks ****in amazing. i just hope the other sounds dont sound to processed
Just read about it in harmony central.
Looks bloody amazing!
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

its a great idea, but when i want the sound of another guitar i need to play another guitar. cuz i play all my guitars differntly, thts why when i play my strat, i sound like a strat player, and when i play me es-175, i sound like a hollowbooby player.
c´mon, that´s not a real strat! That´s a Guitar with technology?!?!!11 Technology belongs to effects! A guitar shall be like it has always been (w/o any f*ckin batteries and shit) and amps shall be no other than tube amps!!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
c´mon, that´s not a real strat! That´s a Guitar with technology?!?!!11 Technology belongs to effects! A guitar shall be like it has always been (w/o any f*ckin batteries and shit) and amps shall be no other than tube amps!!

Says an ELECTRIC guitar player. Hypocrisy

Acoustic Player: C'mon man, that's not a real guitar! That's... a guitar with technology!?!? A guitar shall be like it always has been, hollow, made of wood, without any electronics at all!
Quote by Ferrarone

now im pretty traditional in how i like my gear, but you can take the batteries out of this guitarm and its just like an american strat. and if you want a guitar to be just like its "always" been, you should only play acoustic. and we need solid state amps for one reason, so that new players can afford to learn electric guitar without being rich.

innovation is why we have electric guitars in the first place, this might be the guitar of the future.

damn it, ^ beat me to it haha
Quote by rixills

innovation is why we have electric guitars in the first place, this might be the guitar of the future.

damn it, ^ beat me to it haha

i´m just hoping that´s not where we are going. And then don´t compare the VG strat w/ mine and talk about mine havin tech. A normal guitar does have normal magnets as pups, thats not so technologic

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
i dont want it to be the future either, but i do see it usefelness. but like i said, at least you can bypass all its new technology and play it like a regular american strat.
then why spend 3000$ on it? (price from Fender offical price list)

Quote by Ferrarone
i´m just hoping that´s not where we are going. And then don´t compare the VG strat w/ mine and talk about mine havin tech. A normal guitar does have normal magnets as pups, thats not so technologic

Also this one has normal magnets as pups. It just also has another circuit after the pups that mods the sound. I believe that it's a great thing for tunings and the acoustic sound blew me away. And you can just turn off these effects and have a normal fender
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

to ferrarone

because the people that would bye it would use the other technology.
well, i dont like it, but that´s just me i guess!

i wouldnt buy it either, but i do see the benefit in it. i do prefer my regular old outdated strat haha
Quote by Ferrarone
well, i dont like it, but that´s just me i guess!

But what you don't like about it? The humbuckers emulation is a bit dumb but for example listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akJJ8cajMQQ

The acoustic sound and the 12 strings ones blew me away.
Isn't it cool to be able to reassemble a 12 strings guitar or an acoustics anywhere with that guitar? No need of pedals or special equipment. Just the guitar.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

If i had the money I would get one, seems really nice. Though I dont use the tunings it comes with, I would prefer like Standard, Drop d, D standard, Drop C , C standard.. etc.
i just don´t like it, on guitars, i ´m conservative!

Quote by Ferrarone
i just don´t like it, on guitars, i ´m conservative!

Yeh I get that and also I think that they should stay like they are. But they aren't turning it into a mixing table with slots for IPODS to jam with and stuff
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

that is the best guitar ever made!!!
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"