Ok so we have like a first gig at r school talent show lol.Its gonna be a fairly big crowd and i need some advice how to keep the crowd entertained.We are playing Mostly AC/DC and r lead guitarist is fat lol so he cant be running around the stage like angus young or anything.So wat esle is there to keep the crowd entertained?And remember we r playing at r SCHOOL so nothing bad or anything.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
in between songs, play something reaaaalllly easy. Like the spider man or batman theme song. It makes drunks at the local bar feel like they are part of the band when they go nanananananananananana BATMANN!!!!!

lol, seriously tho, it gets them sort of involved.
Keep the songs tight and listen carefully to each other, this will keep changes etc. smooth.

Also try to engage the audience a little. For example, I played a gig a few weeks ago and we played Knockin' On Heaven's Door. Our lead singer got the crowd to sing along a couple of times through the chorus. The whole 'I sing a line, you sing it back to me' thing. SOmething like that, to keep your audience engaged.

If you're a covers band, try to diversify a little bit, don't just play a load of AC/DC, try to accomodate other people's tastes and add some variety. Again, it will keep the audience engaged. Good luck at the gig.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Make the fat kid run. It's a sure crowd booster And just make athe rest of the band put on quite a stage show aswell.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
Make the fat kid run. It's a sure crowd booster And just make athe rest of the band put on quite a stage show aswell.

Ya we thought about doing that lol
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Don't talk to much and don't talk to little. Say the name of the song before you play it, little known crowd pleasing fact.

Also don't be so worried about getting it down, at least look like you're having fun and the audience will be more into it I guarentee.