I am trying to put together a mix with all classic rock songs covered by hard rock artists, such as another brick in the wall-korn....etc

know of any???
Land of Confusion, by either Disturbed or In Flames (originally Genesis)

Pearl Jam has done some, they do a version of Rockin' in the Free World with Neil Young (and maybe one without him, I dunno).

School's Out, by Gwar (originally Alice Cooper)

That's what comes to mind.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by IclaptonisgodI
define "hard rock" if gnr counts there are a couple (Knocking on heavens door and live and let die)

I'm kind of looking for newer bands, I know smashing pumpkins did something also, but i cant think of it
Quote by psychodelia
Well, Billy Corgan has played "All the Young Dudes" with David Bowie.

is that originally by bowie?
Quote by d3guns
is that originally by bowie?

It's originally written by Bowie, and performed by Mott the Hoople. There are Bowie versions, though.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Black Crowes have 8 discs worth of live covers ranging from Neil Young to the Pink Floyd to Bob Marley. They do a ton of Rolling Stones songs also.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
They also covered Hard to Handle, which is just a great song

What PF did they cover? And I think they frequently played Shake Your Money Maker, or atleast in the early days.

I don't know if Jimmy Page playing live with The Black Crowes would count... But they covered some awesome music on the Live at the Greek album.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
SYMM is still played to this day. It's been played 91 times live, as opposed to Hard to Handle's 662

For Floyd, they've done Lucifer Sam and Fearless.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I haven't heard either of those But I'm sure that their versions are "different", to say the least
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
I think the Pumpkins song some people have mentioned is "You're all I've Got Tonight" which was on a box set. Not really a classic rock song because that was done by the Cars and I don't know how to define them. They also did "Landslide" now that I think about it which was from Fleetwood Mac I believe.

I've heard a track of Metallica playing Led Zeppelin's "How Many More Times" but I don't know if they ever recorded it.