Can anyone give me an idea of how much it'd be for a busking license and what procedures I'd have to go through to get one?

Cheers!
Funny words.
just do it anyway, and if people question you about a licence, throw a gypsy smoke bomb to the ground then dissapear
Quote by deanodon
just do it anyway, and if people question you about a licence, throw a gypsy smoke bomb to the ground then dissapear

And to Seamanstains; I've tried googling it but I can't seem to find any relevent sites.
Funny words.
Just do it and if they move you, do it somewhere else. I did it once with a ukelele and I didn't get moved
Just do it, if you get asked for a license say, "I didn't know I needed one, where can I get one".

Problem solved
well buddy. ive spent a lot of time lookin for stuff like that because i was gunna go buskin in cambridge, it turned out in cambridge u dont need a liscence but the council just ask u abide by some etiquate/rules (i no ive spelt that rong) the rules are standard too like' didstances from other buskers for eg.... i went buskin in hereford 2 , im almost certain u dont need 1 for there, but places like london, yeh you do .... they make you take a audition to make sure ure not crap. birmingham same, hudders, not sure tho. but yeh if iwas u just go for it , no one ever asks you shit but if they do just say ok and get a liscence (if ya need 1)....hav fun!
I found out last week that I don't need a license as long as I abide by certain rules, so yeh, now I just need to learn some crowd favorites so I can get lots of money.
I think you should ask your local council. I know however that in Bournemouth they only give out a few a year and they are very hard to get
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??

That or then stand there staring down at them laughing like a maniac.
I don't know about the UK, but where I live in America it's generally illegal without a permit, but acoustic acts can generally play without anyone caring/getting them in trouble. There's usually someone busking around the harbor where I live.
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
you don't need one in the UK aslong as you don't cause a nuisance for anyone. So basically, if any shops complain about you or you take up too much room on the pavement you can be moved.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night