Quote by nappy d
would you like it if gay people rubbed their dicks all over your face and mouth every night cause you dont wanna give some head?

Quote by Jackolas

"MI BANDZ WANTS ME 2 LERNZ AND PLAY IT TOOMOOROO AT SKOOLZ INFRONT 0F 121298 PEEPZ LOLZ INCLUDING DIZ GUY I LIKE"
Last edited by Sl@yer2021 at Mar 1, 2007,
It was only a matter of time. The military-industrial complex can only hold out for so long.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
It doesn't really help when American politicians are openly admitting recession is not too far away.

LOL@AMERICA
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Damnit Bush...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by Derigiberble
It doesn't really help when American politicians are openly admitting recession is not too far away.

LOL@AMERICA

The world rests on the USA's economy, US recession fucks up everyone.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
That wont hamper Chinas growth. Its supposed to surpass the American economy by 2050.

I remember a few years ago I was arguing with someone about that. If America goes into a recession, or if any major country goes into a recession it's obviously going to have a knock-on on other countries.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
China's population is way too high anyway. If they charged each citizen a penny or two, they'd have a huge chunk of money and all the problems would go away.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Oh dear me did I just see 600 billion dollars disappear in one day?

The best part was when there was so much trade volume in New York the computer counting the DJIA was too slow to keep up. When they helped it with a backup computer the DJIA dropped to -546 points . Ahh reversal days at their best.

The 8/15 session moving averages probably just got a cut from above in one day. I wouldn't be surprised if the indexes drop another 20-25% in the next 2 weeks. It's gonna be like in the 1980s , when the DJIA dropped 19% in one session.

And did I just see volume in London 2,5x higher than normal with a loss of 2,3% .. great news that there were no consonance waves.

Ahh the beatiful world of stock exchanges is going down the crapper as we know it.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
^Somebody appears to know their stuff.

Quote by X\Chazza/X
how do some numbers changing on a screen somewhere affect the world economy?

Read up on the stock market if you care.

Quote by Ackj
China's population is way too high anyway. If they charged each citizen a penny or two, they'd have a huge chunk of money and all the problems would go away.

Um, this is about the US economy, not China's population.

And oddly enough, random taxation does not help this situation.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Bronek takes his "UG's Entrepreneur" title seriously

I thought the Shanghai exchange rebounded a bit today? I didn't RTFA obviously ... it's also not really correct to say China's "economy" dropped 9 per cent, it's just one (albeit the biggest) exchange.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Yeah you can't prevent a recession from happening. Stocks are so ****ing overpriced right now. It's like paying 20 quid for guitar picks and selling them for 30. Even though you bought them at a high price you still can sell it even higher, which is basically what the last few years look like. Problem is...you can't just keep going up forever because one day, when all the intelligent investors sell their shit, and the ignorant investors buy it at an unimaginable price...we will have what we just experienced on Tuesday. I mean look at the ****ing FTSE 100 on Tuesday. It has 100 companies. Out of that 99 fell and 1 rose. You know how rare that is? Like seeing a unicorn during a solar eclipse.

Bottom line : I think we're just going to have to wait this storm out. Some will enjoy the show. ( Some people bought options for decline )
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Quote by Meths
The world rests on the USA's economy, US recession fucks up everyone.

Until Europe becomes the one the world rests on, that's pretty true.
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
Bronek takes his "UG's Entrepreneur" title seriously

Damn straight.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
I think that too much weight is placed on the Dow.

Remember, it's only a collection of selected shares which are picked to "represent" the entire market.

The better markets to watch are the Nasdaq and especially the S&P. Unfortunately both have dropped considerably, but are on their way back up.

The market has been rising at an astounding rate for quite sometime now, driven pretty heavily on the massive drop in oil.

Something spooked investors which led to a massive sell-off. The market always corrects after a run like we just experienced.

All and all, the Dow is still in record high territory and the fed has kept interest rates steady, so I'm not too worried. Even if it doesn't rebound to the point it fell from, we're still sitting pretty well considering where we've come from.

Look at the one year screen cap of where the dow has been here:

http://finance.google.com/finance?cid=983582

Notice that we are still over 1100 points above where were were last year?
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Does anyone else feel this had something to do with Stephen Colbert's China episode.

China: The land of bamboo, fortune cookies, and food with entire feet in it.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by marcus00
I think that too much weight is placed on the Dow.

Remember, it's only a collection of selected shares which are picked to "represent" the entire market.

The better markets to watch are the Nasdaq and especially the S&P. Unfortunately both have dropped considerably, but are on their way back up.

The market has been rising at an astounding rate for quite sometime now, driven pretty heavily on the massive drop in oil.

Something spooked investors which led to a massive sell-off. The market always corrects after a run like we just experienced.

All and all, the Dow is still in record high territory and the fed has kept interest rates steady, so I'm not too worried. Even if it doesn't rebound to the point it fell from, we're still sitting pretty well considering where we've come from.

Look at the one year screen cap of where the dow has been here:

http://finance.google.com/finance?cid=983582

Notice that we are still over 1100 points above where were were last year?

The DJIA is the creme de la creme...all economy depends on it. A very prestigeous index it is. NASDAQ and S&P are shares of medium size, but they need a much bigger number to show you some sort of an average that portrays reality. (I mean look the NASDAQ has 5000 companies) It has been making records not-stop lately, but that's exactly what happens before a recession. As I said last week ... check out what's gonna happen today and the next few days...

ahh the sweet smell of selling options in the morning of the last decay day

can you say 10000% profit? (seriously...that much is possible in situations like these )
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
Well Australia has been booming for a while, so i say a crash isnt to far off, but o well my dad works for a bank so ching ching for them when people cant afford to pay them back unless its like the great depression then he goes broke to But o well guess we will see, shouldnt effect china as much as the rest of the world tho.
Meh, China is taking on more responsibility now. Im Australian, and we still sell alot of mining resources to Africa and China. The Australian economy might drop, but ****... the Chinese economy surged 125% last year. The American and Chinese economies are basically the rocks of all economies.
So, looking at it, as long as China stays strong I wont do too bad.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Well, this all doesn't necessarilly mean there's going to be a recession. Sometimes these stocks have to drop in order to make up for inflation. Just about once or twice a year, stocks happen to bottom. This was just another natural cycle, although I do agree that it was a lil bit steeper than I would have imagined. My business teacher follows stocks and we mock buy and sell stocks and he said to look for the drops that tend to happen through out the year.

China's economic growth also depends on the U.S. economy. Think about it, many of the products they provide, the U.S. buys. If we have a recession, U.S. consumers will buy less meaning a drop in trade with the Chinese. Another thing to consider is that China is now one of the largest consumers of foreign oil. They take a huge hit as well when oil prices skyrocket. China has been rising in that category for a while. The more they consume, the less the States get, so now that leads to more competition for the oil which means that Oil stock is even more likely to rise due to higher demand.

China's economy just happens to work pretty well because they do have the majority of the natural resources they need to produce goods. More exports means more money when they don't have to buy any goods from foreign countries (except for the afforementioned oil). Which that's been a part of China's history for a long time, being independent of activity between other countries. Their biggest downfall is mostly the Communist government, although they do have a lot of kinks worked out that the U.S.S.R. failed to fix. Otherwise they do have a decent amount of free trade. That's my bit on the whole situation, don't know if it really sheds too much light on the situation.
The infamous quote of all speculants..."we shall wait and see" ... this could be another gigantic consonance wave like in may of last year...or... we can go lower
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl