Hey I am learning the basics and I have a few questions.
1. I have a S-S-S pickup configuration and I was wondering whats the difference between the pickup configs. S-S-S / S-S / H-H / S-S-H / H-S-H
2. What the hell is a capo?
3. What can different pedals do? I've seen them change guitars for clean to distorted and many other things.
4. Last one... Palm Muting.. I can't seem to do it. Any tips?
This is a monument to our everything before forever comes crashing. - Converge
s is single coil and is humbucker,it sounds diff with all together and stuff
capo changes tuning sorta,changes tone
diff pedal sounds
palm muting,when u pick u put ur picking hand kind of on the string n it sorta mutes it,listen 2 metallica
a capo is something that you place over the neck on a certain fret (Like the 5th or 4th,) for a different key.

Pedals change the sound of the guitar through the amp.. like distortion, stuff like that... i the way i palm mute is just barely have my (where your hand and wrist meet...) over the strings where im stumming.

those are the only ones i know...
hopefully i helped somewhat
Quote by memcliffburton
diff pedal sounds
palm muting,when u pick u put ur picking hand kind of on the string n it sorta mutes it,listen 2 metallica

well i know about humbuckers and the single coils but what are Humbuckers ideal for and what are single coils ideal for?
Quote by memcliffburton
diff pedal sounds

where in cali do u live?
humbuckers are more ideal for harder rock, and singles are more ideal for lighter rock, country, jazz, blues, etc. Humbuckers are essentially two singles combined and eliminate the hum that single coils cause. (not so much now a days, with technology and such) dubbing the term "hum-bucker".

Different pedals do many different things, go on musicians friend and look up pedals, that way you can listen to soudn clips of most pedals to get the idea of what they sound like.

Palm Muting, rest the outer edge of your picking hand against the top of the bridge or wherever the strings immediatly meet the bridge, then adjust accordingly.
Quote by toddpens8771
humbuckers are more ideal for harder rock, and singles are more ideal for lighter rock, country, jazz, blues, etc. Humbuckers are essentially two singles combined and eliminate the hum that single coils cause. (not so much now a days, with technology and such) dubbing the term "hum-bucker".

Different pedals do many different things, go on musicians friend and look up pedals, that way you can listen to soudn clips of most pedals to get the idea of what they sound like.

Palm Muting, rest the outer edge of your picking hand against the top of the bridge or wherever the strings immediatly meet the bridge, then adjust accordingly.

so are single coils ideal for bands like blink-182, new found glory, sum 41 etc?
Quote by DeanGuitarist77
so are single coils ideal for bands like blink-182, new found glory, sum 41 etc?

yeah, exactly.
i'd say humbuckers would be better than singles for the bands u mentioned
because their tone basically consists of distortion...and humbuckers handle distortion better IMO

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009