Ok well...I went down to the guitar shop to get the guy down there to check out something about my strings, and he said to me that the guitar had major signs of fret wear...and could really do with a fret job. Thing is I've only had the guitar a year, I thought that was a tad fast for the frets to develop a fair bit of buzzing. and even fretting out in a few places when the note is bent up. I play with a fender jaguar and have altenated from 12's to 11's over time. Anyone else burned through frets that fast?
Another quick question...I thought it may be the amount of relief in the neck...there isn't very much, but there is a tiny gap and just enough to let some light through, you reckon this is enough?
Ah yes and one quick more question, I noticed that there is some sort of rust on the pole pieces of my pickups, is this normal? And does it affect the pickup responce in any way? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by rich_sg:

Why does your dad have an iPod? Old people aren't cool enough to own them

Last edited by Semi-Ario5491 at Mar 1, 2007,
ive used .014s on my iceman in normal tunings and i fret out anywear above 15th fret on the treble side it costed me 100 to get it refretted but now it plays but b4e i got it refretted i just used it as a slide guitar
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
do you have it set up right? fender necks always fret out when the action too low when you bend because of the fretboard radius.
Hm yeah, my actions pretty low but I'd like to get it done THEN set it up. As it'd give a more accurate idea of where the action can be. And I've raised the action quite high before (quite recently) and it doesn't make too much difference.

Originally posted by rich_sg:

Why does your dad have an iPod? Old people aren't cool enough to own them

Last edited by Semi-Ario5491 at Mar 1, 2007,
i guess its possible that it could be fret wear, can you post a pic of and and let us see.