So i unscrewed the whammy bar off my stratocaster, and i see that the tip of the screw-like part looks like someone took a sodering gun to it. Theres like melted metal between the paths of the spiral pattern thing (the feature that lets you "screw" it in the tailpiece). So now, i can't put it back in, and i cant get the metal out of it.

A: WTF is that metalic stuff?
B: Why is it there in the first place?
C: How can i get if off and fix this?
D: Has this EVER happened to anyone?

>=[
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
buy a new bridge setup thats the only way mine did that and it costed me $130 CND
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Quote by GuitarFreak664
pics

Or it didn't happen.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Yeah, I've had something like that before. Mine came off though. It was metal filings from using the wammy so much. Your story sound like you had an adhesive in there before hand, and then the filings stuck to it or something like that.

Some times companies put this blue crap on bolts/ screws or parts to make it stay put once it's in there. If it's a cheap guitar, maybe that's what happened. Is it Mexican made?
Sh*t, everytime i took it off, it would have like oil on it or some sort of lube, and it'd make my finger tips black if i touched it, but i never thought it would make filings cluster up on it. =/ How'd you get them off?

And no, it isn't mexican...
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
I don't have my camera w/me, so i can't snap a shot right now, but the filings or whatever that metalic shit is, is right in the first 2 little layers of that spiral thing...

I tired taking a knife to it but its kinda hard to cut metal with a knife...
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Try a really light sand paper, or if that doesn't work, a warm watered wash rag.

I've never heard of it like cementing on there like that, hahaha... if anyone asks just say...

"I was playing too f*ckin fast, and it melt the bridge." *chicks around you orgasm*
Fixed it. :P the sand paper did the job.

ANd yeah, there really isn't any other explanation except that my god-like playing was so ****ing awesome it melted the bridge.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why