Ok. I am customizing my first guitar but im not building it from scratch. I am taking a Behringer 20 dollar guitar. I've got everything taken off of it and now im confused. I dont know whether or not to get new pickups an i dont know how to paint it. I just need some pointers on where to get paint and pickups and how to paint it and stuff like that.

THX
Deacon of the Church of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slash's_#1_fan to join

Member #34 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub
PM IpodInaBottle to join
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
You can get Krylon and Duplicolor spray paints at Home Depot, or somewhere like that.

You can order good, inexpensive pickups at www.guitarfetish.com

There's tutorials at www.projectguitar.com
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i dont know about using krylon or duplicolor spraypaints, i heard they wore down pretty fast. ive used reranch spraycans and theyve worked good. im not 100% positive of this statement but thats what i heard
Last edited by carousel182 at Mar 1, 2007,
^ You said that twice.

Alot of members here use Duplicolour, and they seem to recommend it or Krylon.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

will i didnt realize that when i was posting lol i edited it. and on the project guitar finishing forum ive seen afew bad things said about krylon. but i dont know from experience
Well more people do reccomend Duplicolor over Krylon. Most of the recommendations for Krylon are "and if you can't find Duplicolor, go for Krylon".
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: