I'm in a band right now and we are going to begin gigging very soon and I need a more powerful amp than what I have. The problem is, I'm not that great with amp selection and such. What I'm looking for is 80+ watts, and probably just a halfstack but I'm not completely sure on that one. My question is, can I just buy a head and cab and connect them and be good? And I'm not sure which ones would be worth buying, we play stuff that sounds like As I Lay Dying and Atreyu, so it needs to be able to support that type of distortion tone well. Thanks for your input
just buy a P.A system and distortion pedal, its almost half the price of a good half stack amp
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by vmanoman
just buy a P.A system and distortion pedal, its almost half the price of a good half stack amp

Also, i'm going to say the reason you don't hear people doing that is because it sounds pretty awful. I'd advise against that idea.
actually dude, i have some generic P.A system with an e.q and it sounds pretty damn good. i didnt think it would work that well but it did
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
^Its stupid imo..

But ya a Engl would be sweet seeing as you have no price range!
ENGL!!! Powerball if you have no price range. then get some peds?
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account