Alright, so to cut a long story short, my father attends cheap auctions where they sell off electrical goods and whatnot. Tonight he came home with an electric guitar for fifteen quid, and I would apprecaite some help with it. It's an Eleca, I've never heard of the brand before, and I checked out the site. Its tone is awful, though the strings are in dire need of replacement, and I was wondering what I can do to improve it in any way. The site says this:

DGT-1

ELECTRIC GUITAR
Body: Alder
Neck: Bolt-on maple neck
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Frets: 22f
Scale: 25.5"
Pickups: 3 single coils
Controls: Volume, tone, 5 position pickup selector
Hardware: Chrome

I'm a complete guitar noob, so anything anyone can tell me at all is welcome. Also, has anyone ever had any experience with these guitars before?

Cheers, Dinky
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
possible new pickups, depends on what kind are on the guitar right now and what style you want to use the guitar for.

i have yet to play an Eleca, so i dunno what style it is best suited for and i have never heard about the quality of them either.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Ahhh....and Eleca!!!

My parents got me an Eleca acoustci for my first guitar 3 years ago. It held up pretty well and a warm tone....until someone stepped on it and their foot went through the soundhole and out the other side....

Can't really say much about the electric, seeing I didn't have one.

http://www.elecaamps.com/guitars.htm

There's a link to their site. They might have it on there.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Aye, i was going to change them. And I did, only it hasn't helped much. They refuse to stay in tune now. I'm starting to think there's more wrong with this guitar than I first thought =/
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
usually i find with guitar strings that they take a few days to stretch properly and wear in after you've changed them. just keep re- tuning it and hopefully after you play it for a while they should stretch and stay in tune
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .